PDA

View Full Version : Advice about cipralex.......and alcohol !!!!

aggy
27-09-06, 14:40
Hi everyone, i am new to this forum but not to panic. have had panic disorder and agoraphobia (with varying levels of depression) for nearly 2 years now. i have always refused medication but now i really want to work towards gettin my life back and going on holiday so i have been prescribed cipralex.

however, i have a few questions before i start taking these pills:

my dr says that cipralex DOES NOT build up in your system so if i wanted to stop taking them then i could. however, i have read conflicting stories, so can someone please help me out. i dont wanna begin and then have to wean myself off and exacerbate my panic symptoms.

also, i have given up many vices and the only one i have left is alcohol. i dont wanna give that up because i like having a drink with my friends and maybe the odd binge. what are the effects if mixed with cipralex ???

any advice would be greatly received !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

licquyd
16-04-08, 03:26
i don't find mixing cipralex and alcohol has much issue with me, but i feel very edge in the morning.....i drink a lot of cipralex since it doesn't work well for me and it's the only think that get's my mind off the panic attacks.

dlou84
29-07-08, 07:29
I also had the problem refusing meds.. I'm 4 years in! And only started taking mine this week..

Feel like I've wasted 4 years dicking around kidding myself..

I dont drink alcohol and not to preach but anyone needing these meds should avoid al'c until you're more stable mentally..

But I do know for a fact that the medication is not known to cause problems with cip.

But remember alcohol is a depressant..