PDA

View Full Version : sertraline zoloft Generic?

kellynwv
27-09-06, 15:43
Hello,

I am in the US. I know that the UK has had generic sertraline for a long time? How does it work? I am nervous because I have to switch from Zoloft to the generic today. I have heard people say the could tell a difference.

Thanks for your help.

Louisey
05-10-06, 13:33
I'm in the exact same situation - switching from zoloft to generic UK sertraline. Would love to hear people's opinions.

I started the generic brand just under a fornight ago. Initially I had some night sweats and very vivid dreams (they were great!). Since then it's been OK, although I can't help but think they're not quite as strong as zoloft. Or maybe it's just because in the two weeks since starting them I've been quite hormonal, drunk a little too much alcohol and had a bit of emotional upheaval (my boyfriend's father died).

In terms of managing anxiety and obsessive thinking, it's still effective. I felt agiation and one big tummy whoop of fear on a crowed bus the other day, but it didn't escalate and the feeling went away shortly afterwards.

L x

kellynwv
05-10-06, 13:47
Hi,

Well I have been taking it a week. I can't tell a difference so far. It seems to work the same. I still think I need my dosage a little higher. I take 75 mg and around PMS time I still have a lot of anxiety.

What dosage do you take Louisey?

Louisey
06-10-06, 08:58
50mgs. Seems to work OK. I was only on zoloft for six weeks before I had to switch to the generic stuff, so am still getting used to the stuff really. Let me know how you go. [8D]

L x