PDA

View Full Version : New member

Carly H
23-06-04, 17:38
Hi,

My names Carly and I discovered I had Panic Disorder officially 4 or 5 months ago, I suffered with them for some time before going to the doctors, because at first I thought it would just go away then they gradually got worse and stopped me from going to places where I had felt this horrible feeling. I never told anyone as I thought they would think im going mad!!!!! As it turns out theres a lot of people with it.....im getting married 8 weeks this Friday and really dont want it to come on the day!!!! Any suggestions???? Also does anyone have a obsession with anything as in convienced they have an illness etc... I have been to the doctors and had the full blood test/count & ECG and been given the all clear just wondered if this is linked. I would apprectiate any feedback

C.Gregory

seh1980
23-06-04, 18:47
Hi Carly,

Welcome to the site!! There's a lot of good info here so I'm sure you'll find it all useful. Yes, there are links between panic attacks and being obsessive about things. I do sometimes think that there are things wrong with me, like sometimes I have chest pains and am convinced that there's something wrong with my heart even though I've had tests done and all is ok.
Wow - you're getting married in 8 weeks!! I wouldn't worry too much about it as I'm sure you'll be so excited on the day that there won't be time for panic!!
Take care.

Sarah (seh1980)

april tones
23-06-04, 20:08
hi carly, welcome! yes its very common and often linked, i had the same but has got 10 times better with medication. I think its because the chemical imbalance has been corrected. What are you doing to help your self? congratulations on getting married soon, lucky! Ihopefully get married in 3 years if we can afford it. Love april x

apriltones

sal
23-06-04, 20:16
Hi Carly

Welcome to the site, you will get loads of help and support here. Worrying something else is wrong is so common with anxiety. You have had the all clear from the doctor, so try and remove that added worry, and know it is easier said that done, but it is something less for you to get anxious about especially as all test have come back clear. Your wedding day should be one of the happiest days of your life, so remember that all the way up to it now. It is your day and you need to enjoy it as much as you can. Anxiety on your wedding day cant harm you, and if the worst scenario occurred and you did feel anxious, you will have to remember how much you can enjoy yourself and tell the anxiety to leave you alone for a day. I hope you have a brilliant day, and i am sure you will.

Love Sal xxx

Carly H
23-06-04, 20:52
Thank you all for that, it feels so much more re-assuring coming from people who have the same thing!!! Obviously my Fiancee and Mum are always trying to re-assure me that everything is ok, but sometimes you need to here these things from other people!!!! Ive tried talking the Kalms tablets but they didnt make a difference, im sure all will be well on the day!!!! April trust me weddings are expensive but there is some really good tips out there on keeping the cost down any info you need on that give me a shout!! Has anyone tried any of these relaxation tapes or classes????

Love Carly xx

C.Gregory

Meg
23-06-04, 22:24
Hi Carly,

None of what you say is unusual in the slightest.
Most of us have thought we were going mad --- but weren't
Some people have health anxiety where any symptoms are blown out of proportion to think its something dire and dangerous.

Remember anxiety and excitement have exactly the same feelings so nearer your wedding this is likely to be what you are feeling.

Do read First Steps in the introduction section and see if there are any tips there that may help you.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

april tones
27-06-04, 07:56
hi carly, alot of people on here use bach flower remedies. rescue remedies and say they are good. I think there is bit about them on here somewhere, im sure someone will piont you in right direction. Do you feel ok other wise? tips on lowering cost would be brill cheers, love april xx

apriltones

nomorepanic
28-06-04, 21:22
Hi Carly

I am trying to catch up on messages as I was on holiday last week so welcome aboard.

Congratulations on the wedding too!

Nicola