PDA

View Full Version : Sharp chest pain when taking a deep breath

j2
13-05-13, 17:13
A month or so ago my wife and I both had some form of illness that caused both of us to be very tired with frequent coughing and sinus drainage. My went away after a week or so and hers improved but has changed. She went to the doctor and was given antibiotics. She has gone through all of them and still has a cough but now has a very sharp, specific pain in the lung area whenever she takes a deep breath or coughs. The cough is no longer very productive. She went back to the doctor today and the doctor said her lungs sound clear but they did an xray and said that from the side view that she could see a "denser" area and that the doctor would send the xray to a radiologist for further review. My wife was told it could be walking pneumonia in the lung or pleurisy around the lung. I of course fear lung C. She is a non smoker who doesn't work in a polluted environment. Do any of you know if this was C, would the doctor hear something? We have 4 small kids and I am already jumping ahead to losing her and I can't stop these thoughts. She is my world and I can't fathom life without her. I know the percentages of survival and I am sitting here at work and can barely hold it together. Any words of wisdom would be fantastic as I have lost all my rational perspective.

J2

Lilharry
13-05-13, 22:39
Oh I'm so sorry you are going through this. I have just been through a cancer scare myself so I understand how terrifying it is. I really don't know how to answer your question except to say lung cancer wouldn't develop quickly like you have described, so it sounds very unlikely, especially with het being a non smoker. Try not to worry yourself sick. It's so hard, I know, but it really doesn't sound like the big c. Please don't Google any symptoms either because ALL symptoms on Google lead to cancer, belueve me - you won't find any reassurance there. How long before you get some definite results? Keep reminding yourself that the doctors are on to it and they will take care of her.