PDA

View Full Version : Really pleased with what I've done today :o)

Snoodlester
13-05-13, 19:15
I was a bit worried about today, but I'm really pleased with what I've done.

It's my friend's birthday, and on her day off she and her mum drove down and took me and my mum out for the day.

1. We met in the local coffee shop - this was something I felt anxious about recently and although my mind was racing it was fine.
2. The 4 of us drove down to Weston town centre - I'm usually extremely nervous when there are more people in the car, especially my friend's mum as I haven't spoken directly to her about my problem (although I expect my friend has). Stupidly I began to worry as I hadn't brought any water with me, but I managed to keep my thoughts in check and got on with it.
3. Walked to the end of the pier and spent £1.08 on the 2p machines!!! I've been imagining all sorts about not being able to walk along the pier, panicking when I'm at the end, falling to pieces, etc, etc but I remained calm and grounded.
4. Had a big meal in a local restaurant. My old fear of being sick has reared its ugly head recently, but again I was able to get through this. Even though we all said how hot the restaurant was, which is usually a trigger for me.
5. Walked around the relatively busy shops and spent ages browsing at things.
6. Travelled back home with a belly full of food!

I had a really nice day, and I'm so grateful to my friend. She's been absolutely brilliant during all my difficulties.

:yahoo:

Spot-the-frog
13-05-13, 19:20
WoW! You should be really proud of yourself, that is amazing. Isn't it funny that the anticipatory anxiety is always worse that the event itself.

I am sooooo glad you had a lovely successful day.

Well done.

:yahoo:

Snoodlester
13-05-13, 19:30
Thanks Spot! If I can get rid of this anticipatory anxiety I'll be laughing - I've got a big travel day coming up on Thursday, so I'm hoping this positive experience will help.

:)

Bond Girl
13-05-13, 20:11
Yay! Great news! Well done you!

Really jealous of your trip to the Pier & the 2p machines!! I LOVE those! Which Pier did you go to? X

Annie0904
13-05-13, 20:20
Well done Sue...really pleased for you :yahoo:

Snoodlester
13-05-13, 20:45
Yay! Great news! Well done you!

Really jealous of your trip to the Pier & the 2p machines!! I LOVE those! Which Pier did you go to? X

The one in Weston-super-Mare. They're great fun - I'd never make money on them, as I don't ever want to come home with the 2ps lol But I kept winning and it gives a real buzz, that is of course until I ran out..

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Thanks Annie - sorry you're having such a tough time at the moment

Annie0904
13-05-13, 20:48
Thanks Sue...hopefully things will get better soon :)

Tessar
13-05-13, 21:12
:grouphug: :grouphug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

That's great, what a huge collection of achievements and all in one day.
One big day for snoodlester..... Well done you!!!!!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Snoodlester
14-05-13, 09:43
Thanks Tessar :)

Helen19
14-05-13, 09:46
Wow, sounds like you had an awesome day! :)

Massive well done :yahoo:

Bekzie
14-05-13, 10:08
Well done that is brilliant!! Be proud of yourself :hugs:

daisydaisy
14-05-13, 10:12
That's a huge achievement and something to remember :) I have anticipatory anxiety too and it's always worse than the actual event!

Snoodlester
14-05-13, 12:28
Thanks bekzie & daisy

I've just had a bit of a set back actually :(
After such a nice day yesterday I'm feeling really bad today and all the horrible symptoms have come back and i didnt sleep at all last night. I'm trying to remember the feeling of achievement yesterday but it's so hard :weep:

Annie0904
14-05-13, 12:44
This often happens ...we have a really good day then seem to pay for it the next :( Relax today and hopefully tomorrow will be better :hugs::hugs::hugs: