PDA

View Full Version : Having an aneurysm-based panic attack.

Anxiety Jim
13-05-13, 23:15
Hi everyone,

I've worked myself up into a right state, I heard a loud popping sound in my head, and I've got a head ache over the whole of back of the top of my head.

The pain isn't blindingly bad like it describes on the NHS choices website, but it's causing a lot of panic, I keep grabbing at the area of head and I can't sit still.

Does anyone have any advice of how to calm down. I'm fighting the urge to run off to A+E at the moment...

:weep:

flori
13-05-13, 23:21
Hi Jim, There are some good relaxation tips on You tube which I have found calms me. If you know its a panic attack then you know it will not harm you. Try to relax, easier said than done, I know. But why not give it a go.

Anxiety Jim
13-05-13, 23:24
I kind of know it's a panic attack, but there's always that voice inside me that says "what if this one's real?"

So I want to try to calm down to see if the pain goes away...

flori
13-05-13, 23:29
I know it`s not easy, I am the same at times. Always thinking there must be something else wrong. We just need to keep telling ourselves nothing will happen. Are you feeling any calmer. What about some paracetamol.

Anxiety Jim
13-05-13, 23:34
I know it`s not easy, I am the same at times. Always thinking there must be something else wrong. We just need to keep telling ourselves nothing will happen. Are you feeling any calmer. What about some paracetamol.

I'm feeling a little bit calmer I think, but I'm still feeling rather panicky and I've noticed I'm clenching my jaw, which I do a lot when panicking.

I've got some co-codamol which I want to take, the codeine might help me relax, but I've developed a fear of chocking to death on tablets this year, for no reason at all, so having difficulty taking it... even broken in half :weep:

flori
13-05-13, 23:43
Thats good you are feeling a wee bit calmer. Why don`t you quarter your co-codamol. Remember you just think you will choke, but you won`t. Try counting back from 100 taking 3 away each time. That helped me too.