PDA

View Full Version : Pregabalin and Alcohol

Alex2013
14-05-13, 12:13
Hi,

Could anyone here give me some advice on whether it is ok to drink alcohol while taking Pregabalin?

I am keen to try Pregabalin for my GAD and SA as I've heard good things.

I drink at the weekends, usually with friends when we go to the pub or a club. Do any of you guys drink alcohol whist taking this medication? Does it interact in any way?

I have been self-medicating with Zopiclone for the past 4 years and I am desperate to get off of them and onto some which is properly prescribed by my doctor. I've tried a number of different SSRIs and they just don't do anything for my anxiety. Most recently I have been in Sertraline (Zoloft) and it has made me feel even worse.

The only thing I have found that works is Zopiclone. Even Diazepam doesn't work for me. It just makes me feel groggy and unable to think.

Any help would be much appreciated as I really do not want to continue self-medicating.

Thanks,

Alex

hanshan
17-05-13, 12:19
I drink some alcohol and take pregabalin, and am also taking mirtazapine. They do interact. No-one can say how they will affect you, but I think it's fair to say that pregabalin will increase the effects of alcohol, and vice versa.

If you decide to try pregabalin and alcohol, start out cautiously, and have a friend with you who knows what's going on to make sure you are okay. Definitely don't drive a car.

Good luck.