View Full Version : Real Blood Pressure Symptoms

Audiofreakz
14-05-13, 13:46
This last week is a nightmare, for some unexplained reason my blood pressure has decided to play games with me and has gone from the usual 140/90 to 175/105, and it doesn't go down that much during the day or evening. So i Went to GP worried sick that I was on the verge or imminent of having a heart attack/stroke or an artery blow, but she sent me on my way to monitor my own BP over the next few days to see if it returns back to normal. This is driving me insane,i already know that the more I monitor the more my BP stays around 160/170 over 95/100. I'm down to have a 24 hour monitor at some point but they way I feel with my BP is that I won't be around as something's bound to go bang sooner or later.
My Relaxation and breathing exercises don't seem to be helping.

summer55
14-05-13, 14:06
Our hearts are stronger than we think:) I am currently on blood pressure medicine and still sometimes my BP can get really high, and my GP does the same thing. He tells me to come back in a week and have it checked again. I understand how you feel, we have anxiety and as a result our BP can shoot thru the roof sometimes and then that causes more anxiety! We can't win, but you have to trust your doctor and know that they know better than us:) I hope you feel better soon

---------- Post added at 08:06 ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 ----------

A few years ago I was convinced that I was having mini heart attacks, went to a heart doctor and he put me on one of those machines that monitor you for 24 hrs. Absolutely nothing was wrong except the raw skin from when he ripped the tape off of my chest!!! OUCH:) I am currently in a melanoma frenzy, I tend to freak out from time to time about moles.

robin321
14-05-13, 15:20
I had the same kind of thing as you. Normally I was around 130/90. One day I took it at the pharmacy and it was 165/110. I couldn't belive it. Over the next day I took it several times, it was always 155/100 or so...
I went to emergancy, they said it was prob stress. But I did a 24hr monitor to be sure. I was sure during the 24's that my stress would cause high readings. Actually it didn't. The key is to try to relax as best you can... even if that is hard. And try not to worry if you don't.
My results can back pretty good. My avg was around 123/85.

Audiofreakz
14-05-13, 17:02
I'll do my best...but this sure is no fun!
What is bothering me is the thought the longer the BP stays high the more damage to your arteries, that's what I read on all these healthy heart sites! It's been 3 days reading high.
To top it of I got this strange light headedness which seems to come and go whenever it chooses. I usually get light headedness with my anxiety but this just feels a little different. I'm just waiting for the crushing chest pain to show up, as I believe the only way a doctor will take you seriously is if you are physically dying!

robin321
14-05-13, 17:22
The damage is over years and years and years. Blood pressure is treatable so if it was an issue you would get medication and be ok.

I forgot to mention, I also saw a cardiologist and had a stress test. He told me I was way out of shape. That was the real underlying issue. Once I went to the gym, and worked on that, everything improved.

pepperutchie
15-05-13, 00:45
Hi this has been bothering me for years and the doc said monitor it for one week and well see.the funny thing is the more i monitor it the more i worry bout it and i am having this feeling of being so uptight it seem to come from inside that i cannot relax and flushed face and hadache.just cant seemtoget out of my head.

countrygirl
15-05-13, 10:22
My Dr told me only persistantly high blood pressure should be treated. Twice a year I do three weeks of taking my bp twice a day with three readings each time. IF your readings reduce during the three takings then you do not have persisantly high bp. The first week of doing it my bp is always highish but does come back to just normal on the third reading each time - just looking at the bp machine sends my pulse up to 140bpm. By end of three weeks I have a bp of 128/79 and pulse of 82 as my fear reduces.

My husbands uncle is 92 and has had high bp in mornings and evenings but low in middle of day for many many years and hes still going strong! the only time he was ill was when they gave him bp tablets and he kept losing consciousness in middle of day cos his bp was way too low!!!!!!!!

Audiofreakz
17-05-13, 11:52
I've just started 5mg of Amlodipine yesterday so ill re check my bp in a weeks time.
Don't know if these side effects im experiencing are of amlodipine or just my Anxiety/Panic but its not a good time for me at the moment.