PDA

View Full Version : Googled and now thinking liver "c"

illgetthere
14-05-13, 17:09
I have a pain in my back left hand side under my ribs it's a full ache and its been there about 2 months I have got a hiatus hernia and do suffer severe reflux so could this be the cause of the pain? I did have a full blood count about 4 weeks ago and all was fine would it show if something was wrong with my organs??

nomorepanic
14-05-13, 17:15
Yes there would be markers in the blood tests to alert the doctors.

Also your liver is on the right.

almamatters
14-05-13, 18:12
Blood tests show an amazing amount to a doctor, I can speak from experience I have had loads and loads of them and used to refuse to believe that they meant anything at all, they are a good indicator of general health my GP told me. Also your liver is not on the left it is on the right.

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:11 ----------

Sorry just noticed Nic had just pointed out where the liver is!

illgetthere
14-05-13, 18:57
Could it be kidneys? Or pancreas? I don't want to go to the doctors she's going to think I'm an idiot x

almamatters
14-05-13, 19:01
Why would the doctor think you are an idiot? If you have a pain, it is best to ask the doctor what it could be. I have reflux and I get a lot of random pain mainly under ribs at the front. :flowers:

illgetthere
14-05-13, 20:40
I recently changed doctors and she knows why I changed and wants me to take anti depressants and thinks its all in my head so I don't want to go and say something else x