PDA

View Full Version : im panicking..OC fear

pepperutchie
15-05-13, 16:27
hi, its been 1 week now since i started going to the hospital for a right side pain,Been dianosed with UTI and on medications but my fear is this pain on my right lower abdomen more like on the ovary area its like something is stuck there if i hunch forward sitting and the pain is like a knife kind of a pain.and a while a go i feel like i need to pee but when i went its not even that much and i feel that its still inside.i am really very worried right now...its been a week now and i still dont feel fine..any opinions are greatly appreciated.i thought of using the chatroom but never did i succeed.

---------- Post added at 15:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

anyone?

AlexandriaUK
15-05-13, 18:44
Are you on antibiotics and are you drinking loads, and I mean loads of water?

Munchlet
15-05-13, 19:33
A few years ago I had a really bad UTI, I had to have three different lots of antibiotics and was convinced mine was acutally OC and I'd been misdiagnosed.

It was actually weeks before the symptoms subsided. I had clear urine tests but still had back ache, stomach discomfort and burning and these symptoms went on for a while.

The bladder can remain inflamed and sensitive long after the infection has cleared and it sounds like you are just experiencing the remnants of the infection.

I had a few infections close together after this and I now take a natural product called D Mannose and that seems to keep the dreaded UTI's at bay.

Oh and the other thing I meant to say is the only symptom my friend had of a UTI was a sharp stitch like pain in her lower right abdomen she went to the doctor and that's what she had. I'm sure the bladder is located there so it's bound to be uncomfortable with a UTI.

take care

pepperutchie
16-05-13, 01:48
thanks Jamangie and Munchletfor the support,I have been drinking loads of water and currently on antibiotic,i think i still have two days to finish it and go back to the doc for another urine test,i am really worried i have back pain,pain on top of my thigh,constipation then diarreah,pain on the lower abdomen.Disturbed sleep.and one thing im on pill for my period i have ammenoreah.and also i feel so tired everytime i do some simple task and evenhave this shortness of breath.my husband though his so kind i can sometimes see him dissapointed.I should be such a normal energetic wife having star a new job but this is really ruining my life i dont know if when every disease i think it will be for real,for all the cancers,strokes and other fears i am loosing.thankyou again for your post i really appreciated it.

FR14
16-05-13, 12:49
I am currently worrying about this.... The past couple of weeks I sometimes feel I need to go to the loo but actually don't go or just a little then soon after I feel I need to go again. Its not all the time, tbh mainly when i think about it. I've also had pain the the ovary area which my doc has said is ovulation pain, it does make sense as is around the time of my ovulation but I can't help but worry its OC.

you've had scans and bloods haven't you ?

Xx

Munchlet
16-05-13, 16:58
Going to the loo a lot is a typical anxiety symptom I've suffered with it for years.

You can also get something called irritable bladder syndrome which is similar to IBS (hence the name) it means you have the constant urge to go to the loo, not passing very much urine that kind of thing.

I know it's worrying especially if there is something else going on, like UTI or we have pain in the ovary area but if you read anxiety symptoms the bladder/bowel symptoms are always on the list.

take care.

pepperutchie
17-05-13, 10:50
thanks muchlet and FR i have been fine for a while now that i started a new job but i feel panicky all the time i feel that my adrenaline is off the roof,i have acid reflux when i eat and still this loo thing however my bladder symptoms seems to be fine now its the bowel symptoms that is scaring me into pieces.

FR14
17-05-13, 13:00
I think tHey are probably two separate issues, luckily the toilet problems have cleared up for you. I think it's just a case if bad luck ATM, hard for me to say as I'm worrying about the same issue too. But surely the weeing problems improving means its not what you are fearing and is infection, after all they are very common!

My doc says I have very mild ibs, I get trapped wind pains, flatulance and gurgly stomach on occasions although generally my bowel movements are ok. I haven't mentioned about the weeng problems, but I think it might be infection due to using a pessary the other week as didnt notice it before. I'm going to try cystitis drink over the weekend and if its still there by Monday it'll be a trip to docs as panic will have really set in by then.

Try and relax as much as possible as we all know, worrying definitely doesn't help matters.

Xx