PDA

View Full Version : The dentist - I did it!!

Snoodlester
15-05-13, 17:41
Had a sudden appointment with a new dentist this afternoon. My anticipatory anxiety went into overdrive but I took some diazepam beforehand. My hands were trembling and I told the dentist I was extremely nervous. But he was absolutely brilliant - really put me at ease and told me exactly what he was doing and made sure I was ok all the time. I've got another appointment at the end of the month and no doubt I'll be anxious again but at least I'll know how how brilliant he is which is half the battle

littleme92
15-05-13, 17:47
Well Done! :yesyes: Now you know how good your dentist is, you probably won't be as anxious as you were today :)

Edie
15-05-13, 17:48
Glad you got through it! Next time will be better because you know it'll be OK now.

CharlieM
15-05-13, 18:31
Well done. A big step!!! Good luck for next appointment. :)

AlexandriaUK
15-05-13, 18:39
:yahoo:I think thats the best bit of news today, a big pat on the back, you are so lucky to have a good sensitive dentist, mines a woman but very short, not height wise either.

Snoodlester
15-05-13, 18:53
Thanks guys!
I don't know if it's the relief or the diazepam, but I'm feeling really chilled now :shades:
Jamangie - my last dentist was like that, that's why I hadn't gone back for a couple of years :doh: it makes all the difference if you've got someone understanding

almamatters
15-05-13, 18:56
Well done, you should be proud of yourself. Your next appointment should be a lot easier , your dentist sounds great. :flowers:

NE21 worrier
15-05-13, 19:02
Well done, really pleased for you!! xx :hugs:

Spot-the-frog
15-05-13, 19:09
Yay! Well done you! You were very brave, I wish my dentist was as nice as yours x

Annie0904
15-05-13, 19:11
Well done!! Really pleased for you. I am still waiting for a referral for my tooth ache. My dentist has now refused to treat me if I take Diazepam so I have to wait for the referral or go private.

Snoodlester
15-05-13, 19:12
:D - thanks again guys!

Tessar
15-05-13, 19:13
That's so cool on all counts..... well done you!!!

Snoodlester
15-05-13, 22:23
Thanks tessar :D

Annie why wouldn't he treat you if you took diazepam? Surely being calm is in his best interest? I don't know if I would have coped without it today

DKM
15-05-13, 22:28
Congratulations! Maybe send the Dentist a note to let him know specifically how he made things easier for you. Feedback. :winks:

lizzie29
15-05-13, 22:43
Snoodlester - well done! I have a massive phobia of the dentist 2 and have been twice recently. My dentist was understanding too so the second time when I needed a filling, I was nervous but bearable. However, he said I was tense (which I was) and that he doesn't think he can make me relax so wants to refer me for sedation. I really don't know why, as I didn't need to stop at any time, wasn't panicking or anything. Yes, I was nervous and tense but it didn't alter anything he did. I was a bit disappointed as I was feleing I'd done well then he said that and I don't understand why.

But well done anyway!

Annie, I don't understand why your dentist has said that. X

Snoodlester
15-05-13, 22:54
Congratulations! Maybe send the Dentist a note to let him know specifically how he made things easier for you. Feedback. :winks:

Well I did tell him that he was brilliant and really nice - he said ah bless you!

---------- Post added at 22:54 ---------- Previous post was at 22:52 ----------

Thanks lizzie. Perhaps your dentist has a fear of nervous patients lol

Annie0904
15-05-13, 22:57
I don't know..maybe it interacts with the local anaesthetic or something? but the other dentist who does the private work was the one who suggested it to me so I don't know.