PDA

View Full Version : Endoscopy 5 years ago and all clear then.

JaneS
15-05-13, 18:29
I have just been to Docs about this bout of indigestion I seem to have and ask if I should up my 15mg Lansaprazole. She checked my tummy (all fine) and agreed that I should up the dose to 15mg in morning as well as at night.

Told her about my HA and she agreed that it is a viscious circle and when you are anxious, it produces adrenaline which increases stomach acid etc. I asked about a hiatus hernia and she said that would have shown up on the "camera down" and I wasn't overweight. Felt quite happy when I left the surgery but now I am driving myself mad again that it could still be a hiatus hernia as the camera down was 5 years ago!

Because I didn't mention that it was this long ago to her, I am going crazy again with worry that I may have now developed one since - am I worrying unnecessarily?? Please help, surely I wouldn't have suddenly developed a Hiatus Hernia now, surely if she was concerned about that she would have said something?

Mipsy
15-05-13, 23:31
Even if you did have one, you would just be prescribed omeprazole or similar. I'm sure it's excess acid or reflux caused by anxiety.
Try not to worry unless the symptoms are still there in a few weeks, then go back.
Try some relaxin techniques in the meantime. Good luck x