PDA

View Full Version : Miffed by doctor

Snoodlester
15-05-13, 19:45
I've been worrying recently about my mirtazapine. I'm continuing to take 45mg/d but expressed my concerns to my doctor that it's not working/too high. She just keeps saying 'it should be working by now'. I called her last week to ask for a sick note as I need to claim ESA and she almost sighed saying 'it's been going on a long time hasn't it? I can give you a note for a month'. She's convinced that CBT will solve everything, but I've been waiting for this since February :sigh:

The sicknote's arrived this morning, and she's written on it - long history of anxiety & depression. She has not responded to medication and has been referred for psychology but there is a long waiting list.

Surely if she's written 'I've not responded to the medication' this should be a concern? Unless she really thinks it will work eventually alongside the CBT??

I've also been worrying about my zopiclone - I've been taking this nightly as I'm unable to get any sleep. I've already said I don't want to get addicted to it, but equally I really can't function with even one night of bad sleep. I've got 2 weeks left and I've been worrying about 'making this last', so didn't take one Monday night and felt dreadful all day yesterday. Anyway with my new prescription she's given me more zopiclone - so at least that's one less thing to worry about and maybe I can truly relax and sleep for a bit :)

Annie0904
15-05-13, 19:50
Quite often medication does work best with CBT at the same time so she may have meant that. :hugs:

Bonnibelle
15-05-13, 19:56
Sorry you don't feel so good.

CBT is very helpful for anxiety, I had a course years ago and it worked wonders.

I hope things improve for you soon xxx

Snoodlester
15-05-13, 19:57
Thanks Annie - did you get to the dentist today as well?
Thanks Pearl - how's your day, have you felt any better?
xx

Annie0904
15-05-13, 19:58
The referral clinic still haven't got the letter from my dentist :(

Snoodlester
15-05-13, 20:29
Poor you :( When I saw this dentist, he said to me that if I decide to have a procedure then perhaps I'd prefer sedation. I said yes, and he said that maybe he'd do it? I'm not sure whether that means they can do it at that practice or what, but I guess I'll find out when I go back!

Bonnibelle
15-05-13, 21:20
I felt better at 6pm:( finally I could walk about and not feel so dizzy and drained. Hoping tomorrow it lifts much earlier.

QUOTE=Snoodlester;1161957]Thanks Annie - did you get to the dentist today as well?
Thanks Pearl - how's your day, have you felt any better?
xx[/QUOTE]

Annie0904
15-05-13, 21:22
My own dentist said he would do it for me without sedation but I would have to sign to say I had not taken any diazepam!