PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I'm dying when I got to sleep :(

Aimee92
15-05-13, 22:06
Hey. Second post in 2 days...3 days?.

I've not been able to sleep properly in weeks. I can't sleep anytime before 1AM (been that way for at least 3 years) but recently I've been drifting in and out of sleep (waking up at least every hour). But what makes me scared of going to bed every night, is that when I start to drift off it honestly feels like I'm dying or something. I know your body relaxes when you go to sleep and your heart does slow down a little, but I've never actually FELT it happen before. At least not to this extent.

It's horrible. It feels like my heart is slowing down too much, and if I allow myself to sleep, then I'm not going to wake up again. Every time it happens I have to feel my chest and my pulse to make sure my heart is still beating. It makes me feel sick and really doesn't help my mind to relax.

Does anyone else get this? What do you suggest I do to try and calm my mind, as sleep deprivation is not doing much for my health.

Mipsy
16-05-13, 00:04
Hi, I honestly think anxiety is stopping you from sleeping. You may also have stress issues too. My advice is try ways of relaxing before bed.....a warm bath, some relaxation music, meditation, and try some Melatonin or tryptophan (sleep aids).
Good luck x

Aimee92
16-05-13, 11:06
Hey Mipsy.

Last night was a little better. I took some Nytol which helped me sleep through the night for the most part, but I still had the palpitations unfortunately. Hopefully once I've been to the doctors and have confirmation that there is nothing wrong with me, I'll be able to sleep much better. That's of course assuming there is nothing wrong with me.