PDA

View Full Version : Do I have Cystic Fibrosis?! HELP!!!

Panicbox
15-05-13, 22:21
Ok so I'm 19 years old
Iv always had the odd infection.
I have been experiencing these symptoms for 2 months:
-chesty productive cough (green sputum)
-constant mucus in throat
-laboured breathing
-stomach vibrations/gurgling
-abdominal pain
-fatty stool
-large stool
-constipation
-increased gas
-sinus infections
-acid reflux

The symptoms started after a night of extreme binge drinking that made me very sick. I already had a chesty cough before this binge.

I have had numerous panic attacks and had many blood tests and 2 abdominal ultrasound scans which have all showed up as normal.

However I am now worried that I have cystic fibrosis and it's only just starting to flare up. I don't know anyone in my family with it. I have every single symptom of CF and worry that I have it because the doctors don't know what it could be.

I'm currently taking omneprazole as one doctor suggested I have GERD

Please someone help!!!!!!

Annie0904
15-05-13, 22:26
Cystic Fibrosis is a genetic condition and is usually diagnosed in the first year of life s No I am quite sure you have not got cystic fibrosis.

Panicbox
15-05-13, 22:35
That's what I thought but then I read online that some cases aren't diagnosed until later life.

DO you think the GERD could cause the mucus?

Annie0904
15-05-13, 23:06
Cases diagnosed in adults are usually very mild..the test is the level of salt in sweat. I think it is very unlikely. There have been some bad cold virus going about and I know a lot of people on here have mentioned having problems getting rid of the mucus from colds/chest infections. If it is green then it may be infected and possibly a course of antibiotics will clear it up. Mucus from chest infections can get into the stomach and cause problems there. I suggest you see your doctor and he may decide to prescribe antibiotics.

Panicbox
15-05-13, 23:13
Iv had antibiotics all of this week and it's not shifting.

Annie0904
15-05-13, 23:24
Sometimes it doesn't until after the full course of antibiotics have been taken. If it is no better after taking the antibiotics go back to your doctor.