PDA

View Full Version : Chest Pain & Flutters

jayjoe18
16-05-13, 13:38
Hi all, I have'nt posted here before as I've never really felt the need to after overcoming my health anxiety, but today I'm really struggling.

Since last Friday I've been getting occasional flutters in my chest accompanied with shortness of breath and for the past few days I keep getting sharp chest pains and it's happening right now. I can feel my anxiety going up and I'm starting to get really worried, should I be?

I've had anxiety for about 6 years now, had loads of physical symptoms and battled health anxiety and I have had chest pains and flutters in the past but maybe once every few months, not like this. I haven't been getting the flutters/chest pain all the time everyday but it's a lot more frequent and has lasted nearly a week now, it usually happens once and that's it.

Do I need to go to the Doctors? I'm worried also because it's weekend and the surgery shuts after tomorrow?

Also, if it is just palpitations caused by anxiety why am I getting them now and more frequently? I've had anxiety for 6 years and never had chest pain that lasted this long, I'm also no more stressed than normal, although I really don't know anymore how anxious I am because it's just a normal thing for me now having had anxiety this long. Obviously stressful situations make it worse but not really had many stressful situations lately apart from Friday/Saturday I was a little more stressed and doing more physical activity.

KeeKee
16-05-13, 13:52
Hi,

I had very frequent flutters for about a week almost 3 weeks ago now. I already had an appointment for another reason but mentioned them anyhow and he wasn't concerned. I also get shortness of breath but literally for a second whilst the palpitation is occurring. They came back 2 days ago and luckily I was at docs again yesterday and I told him he wasn't worried. They are very common in the whole population but anxiety suffered are more likely to notice or be afraid of them.
There's no harm I. Going to docs though if you want reassurance.

jayjoe18
16-05-13, 14:05
Thank you KeeKee for your post, are you still getting them now if you don't mind me asking? I'm just puzzled as to why it's happening now!

KeeKee
16-05-13, 15:36
I have one here and there but they aren't constant like they were the other week. Incidentally they appear to increase when I am due (again doctor said hormones can trigger them).