PDA

View Full Version : should i run to the doctors or is this panic :-( i am so scared

mila
16-05-13, 14:24
Please, maybe this will sound so familiar and maybe even after so many years I am just too weak to control how the fear affects me, but I really don't know what to do right now.

i was feeling perfectly fine this morning, got to work, i have been at my desk almost the whole time until lunch, when I got up i thought I felt a bit woozy or off balance but I tried not to think about it. I went out to lunch with a friend. When I got out of her car I started feeling a bit lightheaded, and then shaky, my arms and my legs were feeling shaky and weak, and i was at this point in real panic, thinking i will collapse. I started gagging and burping and feeling pressure in my chest and butterflies like i wasn;t sure if my heart was racing so much that i could just feel flutters or if it's the burping and pressure from that. I was hungry, but i thought it can't be sugar cause i did have a few biscuits few hours before that, my sugar couldn't have fallen so quick so low. My friend said i was looking real pale at one point, then she said i got better. After we ate i guess i was feeling a bit stronger, but I am still feeling really weird, lightheaded and just all over the place, my chest feels funny and I am really panicky. I had to hide myself away cause i feel the only thing i can do is cry cause i am so fed up and angry and scared and everytime i let it take me all the way down, i feel like something terrible is happening to me and i can't see the light right now, i am just thinking how am i gonna get home and like it's going to last without stopping- if you know what i mean...that is if nothing happens to me first...
I feel like leaving work and just running to my surgery and saying i don't feel well and i need someone to see me... Which i can't really do...

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

Now my left arm is feeling more weird than my right so I am panicing it is my heart... You hear all sorts of things, people feel just fine and they just drop, it can happen to anyone, that is so so scary, makes you think it could be you as well, i am not even guessing what it could be anymore, if i feel like this I just panic I will just collapse and that's it..:scared15::weep::weep:

owlkeeper
16-05-13, 19:16
Hi Mila,
I'm sorry to hear you feel like this right now. I hope the feeling has gotten a bit better now. It sounds like you are really upset. Have you tried some breathing excersises?

mila
17-05-13, 12:06
Thanks for your reply.

I was really scared and needed some support but i had to go through it alone. It feel very discouraging abd makes me wonder what is the point writing.

I felt better by the evening but disheartened and worried it will start again.

owlkeeper
17-05-13, 13:42
It's very hard to have to go trough it alone!

I tried to get on here yesterday but the site was down, but there is a chat box on here. I must say I've never tried it yet, but maybe it can offer some help when you are on your own and in panic.

PinkRoxy
18-05-13, 09:39
Hi mila

You might find that a lot of the symptoms you experienced can be anxiety related and if you are worrying about something then that can bring on anxiety which causes extra symptoms. If you want I would see your GP and tell them what you told us and they will be able to do tests to help reassure you. But if it is anxiety which I highly think it is then they can help you deal with that too.

I do notice when I get anxiety and worry over something and someone asks me if I have these symptoms and I sometimes think I do because I worry about having them so the symptoms feel so real when it is my anxiety that is making me think I have them. I hope that makes sense lol.

Anyway I hope you get it sorted but I suggest a good chat with a GP you trust can help you put things into perspective. Take care and hope you feel better soon.