PDA

View Full Version : Day 7 of flouxetine.. Not so much anxiety but feel weird

iheartdrift
16-05-13, 15:14
Idk what it is but my symptoms of anxiety weeny away for the most part, have a few mild anxiety/panic attacks every so often.. But ever since I started taking it I have just felt odd... Like as if something just isn't right.. It's like a constant uneasy feeling mentally, not physically.

I used to have constant like a woozy, derealization, brain fog feeling and had a lot of intrusive thoughts and not so much anymore , which is a great thing, but I just feel odd.. Has anyone else had this feeling? Where the just don't feel comfortable? I've been taking 20mg of flouxetine for 7 days.. First few days I had like a hyper restless feeling, but felt pretty happy. After that it sort of winded down to an off feeling.. Anyway, let me know your experience with Prozac if you have felt like this. Thanks

Bond Girl
16-05-13, 16:06
I'm in my 3rd week of 20mg fluox & I'm only just starting to feel 'normal', although I still have this buzzy head feeling about an hour after I take them & feel like I'm 'gangsta trippin''!!!

I was prescribed 40mg a day, but that dose sent me completely off my face, so the dose has been lowered. This is my 2nd time on the fluox & my first time with any side effects. They do make you feel pretty grobbly for a good while, but then you start to feel brighter & more positive & more capable & world domination then doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

If I get the strange buzzy head now I take 2 paracetamol & it goes off. For the first 2 weeks or so I swayed from hyper to elated to exhausted to jittery to numb to completely unable to sleep to crying to fits of giggles to unable to eat to hot flushes! But mostly I just had this underlying sensation of feeling like utter sh*te, to the point where I questioned whether I would rather come off the pills & stay depressed & anxious!! But I promise, it does get better. I found that taking my tabs at 9am works really well for me.

Stay positive! Better days are a-comin'!!! :D

OncewasSupergirl
16-05-13, 17:28
Iheartdrift,

It takes a long time for that weird feeling to go away. I'm 19 weeks today n mostly back to normal but I still have weird moments, dizzyness, intrusive thoughts, jaw clenching but it just doesn't bother me now I find I can just brush it off. Hang in there, just try n accept any weirdness don't question it n eventually it will all smooth out. Good luck :) x x

Bond Girl
16-05-13, 21:08
Ooh the jaw clenching!! I thought that was just me!! Nice to know that's a side effect too!

OncewasSupergirl
16-05-13, 21:50
Bond Girl,
It was really bad at the start n I used to give myself a headache! It has lessened over time though I've noticed I do it when I'm concentrating or a little anxious. I also chew the inside of my mouth! Some nights I go to bed n my mouth feels sore x x

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

Oh n I love the description "Gangsta Trippin'" really describes it well lol x

ChristopherT
17-05-13, 07:04
Oh yeah. day 6,7,8 I felt really weird. If that helps, that weird feeling got better after that.

---------- Post added at 06:04 ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 ----------

Oh Super, you reminded me... I was wondering today why the inside of my left mouth cheek seemed like it had been bitten. I didn't remember biting it by accident, but I guess that's a good explanation. It didn't bother me too much though.