PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety V 'Mental' Health Anxiety

ShakingSquaddie
16-05-13, 15:41
Hi All,

I think I suffer from this.

Anyone else get health anxiety of the 'mind'?

I'm always panicking about 'psychological' symptoms and don't seem to phased by any physical symptoms of anxiety!

Gary

Bond Girl
16-05-13, 16:35
Hi, do you mean worrying that you have bi-polar or schizophrenia or something like that? Or do you mean over-analysing every little thought that goes through your head?

ShakingSquaddie
16-05-13, 17:42
A bit of both really!

I seem to spend a lot of my waking hours feeling really weird and surreal!

When you feel strange and as if 'something is not quite right' then I guess over time it leads to imagination of mental illness.

I seem to get severe 'mental' anxiety if that makes sense?

Imagine your worst ever hangover without the physical symptoms ie. frayed nerves, feeling unreal, blackness, flat mood, impending doom etc. etc.

I seem to have great difficulty verbalising or explaining the way I feel because I cannot describe it, this leads to some strange looks from the GP!

Health Anxiety sufferers are afraid of bodily sensations and are always observing every lump, bump or itch etc. I seem to be hyper aware of my thinking, cognition and awareness etc.

Hard to explain, I hope I have tried successfully!

Gary

PanchoGoz
16-05-13, 18:15
Some people worry about their health, some about work, some about existential matters, some about their own interior world. We are all different. I am very introverted like yourself and overthink my thoughts and I have to just say STOP.