PDA

View Full Version : Kidney cancer fears

unsure_about_this
16-05-13, 15:55
I do really hate having health anxiety, I want to be me again. The fear of the word nobody like to say or find it hard to talk about the big c word.

Yes a few weeks ago in a well known supermarket, there was doing a collection for kidney cancer charity.

When I had my abdominal scan (ultrasound) my kidneys also got checked, same for when I had a blood test it was also checking to see how well my kidneys were working.

I also had a urine sample done in December, which did not show any signs of blood etc.

Surely if I had any signs of kidney cancer it would have been picked up. I am 29 and have worried about so many types of cancer.

I have also moved onto organ failure as well, it a none stop cycle of worrying. plus kidney stones (but surely these may have been picked up in the ultrasound and maybe blood test, urine sample.

Thankfully this forum has stop me visiting Google as much now and other health sites.

I know we all have to die, but want to live

I have also moved onto some of the rarer types of cancer I have worried about ear cancer.

nomorepanic
16-05-13, 16:20
Can I ask if you are getting any CBT for the H.A.?

Mipsy
16-05-13, 16:21
I'm sorry you are feeling like this. You are not alone.
It is reassuring that tests have not picked anything up.
My HA started after the birth of my first child. I suddenly became aware of my own mortality and didn't want to leave my children motherless. After intensive CBT, I've discovered that my fears date back to when I was 9 years old and my mother had a heart attack.
Perhaps ask your GP for a referral for CBT. I'm sure it will help you make sense of your fears and eventually kick them in the butt!
Lots of hugs x x

unsure_about_this
16-05-13, 16:36
Can I ask if you are getting any CBT for the H.A.?

I have appointment with someone next month, the doctor GP did suggested a few weeks ago that I could do with help and my trip to the doctors last week suggested he would put my forward for help. as this GP at the practice knew I was concerned.

I think I have seen every GP at the practice.

she phoned last night from the practice, I did mention about my cancer fears, hopefully with the meeting in place (my parents know about me seeking help since I still live with them) I do have a disability as well.

Many thanks to both Mipsy and Nomorepanic about suggesting CBT.

Mipsy
16-05-13, 20:00
Glad you have an appt. I'm sure you will feel the benefits of CBT. It's been my lifeline. Let us know how you get on.