PDA

View Full Version : any test for gluten intolorance

gregcool
16-05-13, 17:49
After reading a post about depression after eating wheat i realized this could be me to..
If i have a sandwich or a roll and some foods,i realize i feel heavy tired and agitated iritatated..for quite some time..is there a test i can buy from a chemest to test if i have a alergy towards eating wheat or something..it hapens a lot and has done for a few years..
Thanks

LaurenLegs
17-05-13, 21:27
You can get something called a Vega Test. It might be worth googling and seeing where in your area offers it? A Vega Test, tests for about 100 different allergies :)

Mipsy
17-05-13, 21:35
I've had a vega test as Lauren describes. Well worth getting done.

Annie0904
17-05-13, 21:52
I had a blood test done for gluten intolerance. It came back fine so I had other food intolerance tests and I have an intolerance to yeast.

PavoCristatus
17-05-13, 21:55
If you ask your doctor they can do a blood test for you, I had one and they just made me eat lots of wheat beforehand. Came back negative thankfully, I have enough allergies already!

PanchoGoz
17-05-13, 21:56
Be careful on the subject of vega tests, pharmacutical companies can use things like these to unload hundreds of vitimins and minerals on you and results vary. I would see your gp for blood tests like Annie if you feel there could be an obvious cause to your discomfort :) http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/south/series2/food_sensitivity_allergy_vega_tests.shtml

nomorepanic
17-05-13, 22:17
I wouldn't trust the vega test. It will most likely you tell you have a wheat and/or dairy allergy when you actually don't.

gregcool
19-05-13, 08:18
Very good advice allm.thankyou so much..I will see my new doctor and ask for a blood test..thankyou for your replys