PDA

View Full Version : Lorazepam making me feel numb, Like a zombie. Any1 else experience this? Advice pleas

Gibbon83
16-05-13, 18:05
Hi all, I was originally posting on the indroduction page about my times with citilopram. I have went from anxious to worse on it and I was only on it 4 days! It is def not for me. After three days in a row going to out of hours gp, and presenting with a crisis at a and e I have been prescribed 1mg lorazepam twice a day and taken off of everything else. This is certainly keeping all my feelings at bay, and I am sleeping all night, but barely not functioning other than that. Has anyone else been on this in the short term and if so what happened next? Any advice greatly received. Pam xxx

flori
16-05-13, 19:01
I only stayed on it about 3 days. Could`t hack the feeling worse bit. But many people have stuck it out and reaped the benefits. I admire them for that. But we all have a choice and that is to be respected too.
I get diazepam, but only to take them when really needed. I feel the docs are too strict because they are abused on the street and genuinely ill people who are responsible suffer because of this.
I get Loprazolam to take at night, but only when really needed.
Sorry I dont know anything about lorazepam but sure someone will come on and share.:)

xBettyBoopx
17-05-13, 00:19
Hi Gibbon

Lorazepam is a strong tranquilizer and if you are not used to it, would make you feel quite drowsy to start with especially if you are taking 2 per day. I have been on this medication for a long time, I take it at night but I used to take it 3 x 1mg during the day and it did help for anxiety, although anxiety will get through the strongest medication sometimes.

Maybe it's just too strong for you, perhaps see your doc about taking a half a tablet?

Els
xxx