PDA

View Full Version : Feelings of Sadness for no reason

EMMA
23-06-04, 17:54
Hi,

Had a bad couple of days. Been feeling really sad for no reason and anxious. I know that stress has caused me to be anxious and panicky and I can just about cope with that but it's feeling sad and down I can't cope with. I've no reason to be sad though. I'm going to Barcelona on my hen weekend tomorrow, getting married and starting a new job in July. It's all positive stuff. Also, my fiance is wonderful and really outgoing and happy.

I have suffered depression and anxiety before but there was a reason for that. I changed my life and recovered from it. I've been so happy ever since. So why am I so sad now??

Can a build up of stressful events trigger depression? I had exams last week which really stressed me out. I just want to get on and look forward everything.

I'm trying to avoid going to the doctors because I don't want to end up on tablets again. But, if that is the only answer then I will have to. Even if it is to just get me through the start of my new job and through the wedding. I've been looking forward to the wedding so much that I don't want to feel miserable on the day.

Why is it that I can see what has caused it but I can't make it go away now. Is there a chance that once the start of the new job and the wedding are out of the way I will begin to feel better?

Emma:(

seh1980
23-06-04, 18:53
Hi there Emma,

Sorry to hear that you are going through a rough patch. It sounds like you have lots of nice things to look forward to. I know the feeling when you feel down, yet have no reason to be feeling like that. It's very aggravating isn't it? I have that quite often for no apparent reason. All I can say is that there are good patches as well as bad patches so hang in there...
Take care.

Sarah (seh1980)

EMMA
23-06-04, 19:09
Thanks Sarah for your support. I've just been ironing my clothes for the weekend away and I've just been crying my eyes out. I don't know if it is just panic at the thought of going away. I just want to enjoy myself but feel I can't. I don't want to spoil it for the others either. I just wish I wasn't going now. I know I shouldn't but I'm looking forward to the plane journey home.

Laurie28
24-06-04, 14:27
Emma,

Anxiety and being stressed can certainly bring you 'down' and they often go hand in hand with depression. Hopefully you are just having a 'bad' couple of days and will feel better soon. Try and relax a little and hopefully you will be back on track. failing that go and speak to your GP and tell him/her how you are feeling

Lucky

sadie
24-06-04, 20:37
Emma,

I think what has happened to you is that you have had several stressful events occuring in your life recently.....exams, hen night, wedding, changing jobs!

When I had my 1st panic attack, it was 2 weeks after I was in a car accident. Now looking back I realise that the car accident was simply just the final straw, as I has so many other stressful events occuring in my life.... I had just sold my flat due to terrible neighbours for over a year, bought a new house which was not ready for us so we moved in with friends, changed jobs, organising a wedding, hen night etc..

Our bodies can only handle so much stress at one time before they let us know that we need to take some time out and relax and look after ourselves. This is what I think is happening to you.

My advice to you is to do some relaxation each day from now until your wedding, whether it is deep breathing, yoga , meditation, hot bubble bath etc... take a good multivitamin, buy some rescue remedy and spend each day doing some positive talking to yourself. I know this sounds stupid but IT DOES WORK. I have been doing over this last week and I do feel more positive.

If you do feel you want a little relief for your wedding day then majke an appointment with your GP and see if they can offer you anything short term.

Your wedding day will be the best day of your life....promise, I coped through my day and so will you.

Take care

sadie

Meg
24-06-04, 21:52
Sadie,

Glad to hear you're doing better and found these things including positive self talk helps

Emma, you've got great advice here - do implement it.

I see many people and advise them, but they go away and do very little of it as they don't believe that such small things can help . They do .

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone