PDA

View Full Version : Headaches worrying need re assuring!

Lockey1995
16-05-13, 21:18
Hey,

I'm new to this form my name is Jack I'm 17 and i suffer from really bad anxiety and panick attacks this is my latest terrible panic attack.

Here is how it started i was coming back from holiday and i turned my neck to the left and my lower neck and the top of my head hurt every time i turned my head. The next day i noticed they my neck would keep clicking and still is. Also when i move my arms up and down my upper back keeps clicking.

Now I'm having these headaches that seem to last one second each and move around my head so they would move from the top then behind my eye, then it may move somewere else, I'm now paranoid that i have a brain tumor.

Also my right ear hurts when i pop it and my nose is full of catarhh and i have a soar throat sometimes when i swallow.

It's also making me feel very depressed and is now affecting my life big time.

Here i think are some anxiety symptoms, sometimes i can feel pressure in my head, i get dizzy sometimes and a weird one when I'm moving my eyes feel like the need to catch up.

What do you think it is thank you Jack

flori
17-05-13, 09:16
Hi and :welcome:

A lot of your symptoms come from anxiety, but If really worried get neck checked if painful. But I would say definitely not Brain tumour.

anxious_thoughts
18-05-13, 19:00
Hello!
Your symptoms sound like maybe it has something to do with your neck. It could be stiff and tense from your worrying. I have brain tumour anxiety, with constant headaches, head pressure, twitching, sharp head pains, cold and hot spots, clicking in ears when I swallow, and sometimes a dull pain in my ears. A lot of people on here have said either neck problems or just anxiety.

Shivmarie
24-05-13, 16:20
Jenn, i have that clicking in my ears, not just when swallowing but also when i walk sometimes too, have you had any medical advice on it?
Its so annoying ive had this on/off headache since Monday now, its catch 22 as when i don't have it i find myself asking, oh why don't i have my headache anymore then hello, it returns.
Thinking i might go the walk in and seek some advice, or perhaps phone NHS. Its just concerning me now x

anxious_thoughts
24-05-13, 18:16
I went to the doctors about all my symptoms, he did a neurological test on me, checked my blood pressure and did blood tests everything came out fine so he said it's anxiety. He doesn't want to do a scan because he feels no need for it, which I guess is a good thing, but I'm still worried since I ALWAYS have some sort of head pain.
I noticed that thinking about my symptoms makes it worse, so try to keep yourself busy. :)
You should definitely go to the walk in, it really helps and I find it reassuring.:yesyes:

Shivmarie
24-05-13, 18:34
I've had two eye tests, bp took numerous times, temp etc. I had full bloods done twice, all fine. i had surgery so had to have them re done for that, an ecg, urines. Ive seen so many doctors last one who was very thorough etc, its strange as I'd been fine up until starting my new job so the obvious solution is to put it down to that but it's impossible when your suffering with this. I have came home but feel I may take a trip tomorrow if I'm still restless about it, x

Bekzie
24-05-13, 18:35
Hi Jack and :welcome:

I agree with the others, a lot of your symptoms could be down to your anxiety. I get head pains, neck pains etc too all because of how tense I am because of my anxiety. If you are really worried talk to your doctor. I hope you feel better soon :)