PDA

View Full Version : Excessive Hiccup/burp with regurgitation/acid reflux

hayden21
17-05-13, 04:29
Hey everyone,
I have browsed these forums for a while but only now have decided to post something. For about two weeks now I have had really bothersome chronic burping which is more like a hiccup/burp that does not produce sound and will regurgitate some acid and/or food into my oesophagus. This is obviously coupled with normal, yet everyday, acid reflux. Now I take zantac for the acid reflux part and that does quell the "fire demon" however the excessive hiccup-burp remains and is becoming very tiresome. I sometimes have to stop in the middle of speaking to someone and so on.

Now being a hypochondriac I have obviously come to the conclusion that it is stomach cancer because of a previous diet high in salted and cured meats.

Does anyone have any experience with similar symptoms of have any tidbits to alleviate my fear?

Thank you in advance!

bibliophilic
19-05-13, 23:44
I get this a lot. Have you tried any other antacids, like Tums or Prevacid or Gaviscon? You might want to try taking Tums and see if that makes a different, Gaviscon should help as well. I don't have stomach cancer, if that helps at all. Also, you might need a stronger dosage of something--are you taking the Zantac once or twice a day?