PDA

View Full Version : anyone here had a blood clot in their leg before?

eastofeden
17-05-13, 07:31
I was wondering if anyone can share their experience of dvt or pm me.

I've had this shooting pain that is mostly in my knee/calf and it's really bothering me.
Almost 3 weeks later and it's still here.
I get it in about 5 different spots at different times. It's like a sharp throbbing.

Mainly my instep, behind knee (when bent), inner calf, sometimes outer calf, inner and back of thigh and buttock.

I was thinking it could be sciatica but apparently that can't affect the front of the leg.

I am rather worried it could be dvt. I barely get 30 mins exercise a day. Though I try to jog on the spot for a minute every half hour that I'm sat down.

There isn't any swelling or redness but I am worried this could be the early stage of s blood clot.
My doctor will only help me if it actually swells up because at 20 he says I'm too young.

I've never had such long lasting pain before :/
And I havent done anything that could have strained a muscle.
I am pretty damn scared, especially since every doc I've seen has washed their hands of me!

Lollymandy
18-05-13, 20:25
Please dont be scared, I am new to this forum, but see my post "DVT Worries" I had the exact same thing as you and I had to go for an operation! I was really scared that I already had DVT before I even had the op!, I had the pain but no swelling or redness or warmth over the area, they checked out both legs and went ahead with the op, it was fine.

---------- Post added at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

I just read your other post, they looked for swelling, there was none, they squeezed both calves quite hard, asked me if it hurt, it didnt, they were not concerned at all, which gave me much comfort! I had my op and I am back home, all ok.