PDA

View Full Version : Family Benefits

dawnym
28-09-06, 15:58
I've got myself in a state again.....
I can't stand the mess but I'm so tierd my face is full of coldsores and my head is full of cold,I've been off it for two weeks but never getting chance to rest means I never seem to get better.
As for my children and partner I think they now see my OCD as an advantage because they know if they leave a mess it doesn't really matter as I will do it.
Last night my partner said he would wash up after tea,I went to sort the washing by 11pm I did the pots as he was snoring like a pig on the sofa.
I often think I'm not doing it see how long it takes but I always end up doing it as my head won't let me leave it.
No point saying anything to anyone here as they just don't listen so I thought I'd say it here instead.
Thankyou for taking the time to read it.

yorkylover
28-09-06, 16:05
Sorry to hear your having a bad Dawn,cold sores are nasty,I hate them.
How old are your kids,are they old enough to help out.Its hard for people to understand who dont suffer like us.:)

Ellen XX

hayles
28-09-06, 16:32
sounds rough.....
Smack them all into shape....I Say...he he
Everyone needs a litle help whether we are a bit nuts and will end up doing it ourselves!!!

Hope you feel better soon !

Hay x

Lynnann
28-09-06, 17:01
Hi Dawn,

Sorry you are feeling so down, hope you feel better soon!!

I made a housework rota when my family were being less than helpful, even the kids had jobs to do! It does take the pressure off a bit, knowing that it is getting done, Don't know if it will work for you!

Hugs to you

Lynnann

Piglet
28-09-06, 18:09
Aww I get coldsores when I get run down too.

A couple of ideas;

1. Some multi vitamins to give you a boost.

2. Like has already been said a rota for the family. Everybody in the house needs to take on a task even the youngest member (well maybe not the very little legged members) otherwise this is just not fair.

We have had a rota in this house ever since the kids were little - I won't have passengers in the house as I feel I do enough of the chores anyway.

Try and get your partner on side first and work out what a fair distribution is - just cos you have ocd doesn't mean that you should be taken advantage of. For your part you could look and see if your ocd is making you expect unreasonable demands on how tidy the house should be.

My sisters ex has ocd and she couldn't even stir her tea or put butter on the bread without finding him washing the spoon or knife everytime she turned round.

I think you sound worn out lovie - try and do what us panicky lot do and now and again just say 'F' it - the world won't come crashing down if I don't do this, that or the other!

Hope you feel better soon - we've all had colds too!

Love Piglet xx:)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.