PDA

View Full Version : Will I always feel like crap? Is this an 'anxiety hangover'?

Snoodlester
17-05-13, 19:31
I had a good day on Monday, and felt I'd really turned a corner. I did several things that would normally make me anxious and had a great sense of achievement. But from Tuesday it was all down hill... Felt generally unwell on Tuesday, headachy and anxious - went out to the shop and felt on the verge of a panic attack when travelling in the car. I felt a bit better on Wednesday and had a last-minute dentist appointment in the afternoon - took diazepam to get me through it and felt relieved afterwards. Had a day out on Thursday and have been worrying about this day for a while because of the travelling. Took diazepam and had a bit of a panic on the way and felt generally unwell all day. I took another diazepam for the journey back and had a few panic attacks which left me feeling really exhausted and drained. Today I've felt generally unwell again, headachy and a bit 'unreal'. I've been taking paracetamol for the headache and just after tea I started to feel bad again and thoughts racing through my mind - I'll have to go to A&E and get help, but the way I was feeling I couldn't even manage the 15minute drive. Came upstairs and laid on the bed for a bit whilst playing games on here and I'm starting to feel ok again now.

Is this just a kind of 'anxiety hangover' from all the stress this week? :unsure:

daisydaisy
17-05-13, 19:46
Hey Snoodlester,

Sorry that you're not feeling good- I'm pretty sure the headache will be the tension that had built up over the week. Are you taking meds? Are you sleeping? I find that meds side effects or lack of sleep always cause a headache for me.

I'm day 16 fluox and my sleep is abysmal- I really feel this is making everything worse for me. My doctor didn't seem phased when I had my 2 week follow up and said it would pass...I wouldn't wish lack of sleep on my worst enemy it's like torture!

Well done for getting out so much this week even when feeling under par and also when the easy option would have been to stay home!

Xxx

Snoodlester
17-05-13, 19:57
I'm sure you're right about the headache Daisy - paracetamol doesn't touch it. I'm taking Mirtazapine and zopiclone for my lack of sleep. I get so anxious, and I've noticed that I get this knot in the base of my stomach about half-hour before bed I'm that worked up about it :( I know the sleeping tablet lets me rest, but I'm not sure it's giving me the quality of sleep that I need.
I hope your sleep gets better - it's worse than anything I've ever experienced.
xx

daisydaisy
17-05-13, 20:45
Yes I know easier said than done but I just try to relax and zone out where I can- I've been very anxious for the past 2 days and I know the feeling in the stomach well- I feel sick too but I've been managing to eat so that is something I suppose as I think my body is just exhausted (lack of sleep and food) so I am at least forcing myself to eat bits and pieces now as a couple of weeks ago I couldn't stomach anything and again I think this made some of the symptoms worse.

I remember not sleeping first time around on meds (about 5/6 years ago now) but I didn't remember it as fluox/prozac induced as such - I put it more down to my anxious state at the time. I'm getting to the point with the meds now that if I consistently don't sleep I may stop them as I value my sleep more to an extent. I have taken diazepam twice but they didn't really help that much and I only really got about 4 hrs sleep before waking again feeling awful!

I'm a misery today :weep: Wish I could perk up a bit but just so fed up of feeling this way I guess! Will try to be as positive as I can but sometimes you have to vent! Xxx