PDA

View Full Version : Lymph Node in Groin Area?

southernbelle
17-05-13, 21:45
I have waves of HA for various reasons. This may be TMI, but I developed a boil in a sensitive area of my body at the start of the week...last night, I noticed that my groin is sore where lymph nodes are located (in one spot & same side of boil). Well, I don't want to google and see the 'C' word... Haste anyone else experienced something like this? How long should I give it to heal until I have a doctor check it out? Should I be concerned? Is this common? Help!

AllIhaveisme
17-05-13, 21:48
It is directly related to your boil. Super simple answer, totally normal. No need to be concerned, as long as you saw a dr for your boil.

southernbelle
17-05-13, 21:50
I haven't seen the doctor for the boil, but I know that it's better because I've been soaking it, etc...it no longer has a "core" (sorry, yuck, I know)...and I keep the area very clean. The inflammation is also down now...but you still think that it's related? I hope so.

PavoCristatus
17-05-13, 21:52
Lymph nodes swell in response to infection and this can be a bit uncomfortable, maybe it is just a response to the spot? Give it at least a week unless it gets a lot worse. I have had something similar in the past and it went away on its own so it shouldn't be anything to worry about :)

AllIhaveisme
17-05-13, 21:53
yes, the lymph nodes are filters. So the drainage internally will go directly to the lymph node so it doesn't circulate within your body.

southernbelle
17-05-13, 21:59
Ok. One other question that swimming in my head...I can't feel a "nodule" just a tender area that may be inflamed, but nothing defined. Would I be able to feel the lymph node or see it? I'd hate to ask the doctor about a swollen lymph node & it turns out to be a pulled muscle or something. (It's very localized & tender to the touch and feel the soreness while moving about....or sitting still).

sarahsarah
17-05-13, 23:06
I think it's worth reminding ourselves that lymph nodes are supposed to swell, that's what they do when our bodies are working efficiently to fight off an infection.

Glad to hear you're healing well xx

valley
18-05-13, 00:51
Sounds like the lymph node is because of the boil. Same general area of the body and same side.....makes complete sense that the lymph node would swell because of the boil. The node is likely just responding to the boil. I had a lymph node scare a while back....my doc caught enlarged nodes in my neck....had me all freaked out...I went for a CT scan and they figured they were just more swollen than normal, nothing out of the ordinary. I think my nodes tend to swell fairly easily....I even notice sometimes my nodes in/around my neck will swell if I have bad acne. So it would make sense your node is responding to the boil. It will probably go down after a week or two.

southernbelle
18-05-13, 02:02
I just don't want to deal with this....ugh. It's tender & it is sore as I just sit and dwell on it. Maybe it'll go away by Monday......wishful thinking

---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

Now enter my anxiety peak. I'm officially terrified that the tenderness means that an infection is flowing throughout my body. I know that if I google, I'll see the big C word that will send me out of control. I'm sorry to keep writing, but I'm now obsessing over each lymph area of my body....my grandmother passed from lymphoma and I'm just weeping thinking that I'm next.

valley
18-05-13, 03:03
Do you have swollen lynmph nodes anywhere else? If not, I seriously wound;t worry about it. Even if you DID have swollen lymph nodes somewhere else, it's still really nothing to worry about. If you had lymphoma or the C word...you would likely have many other symptoms. Here's something to keep in mind.... sore and/or tender nodes are a sign that the node is simply swelled due to an infection or something....in other words something perfectly normal for a lymph node to swell. And I really would try not to worry about some infection flowing through your body....again if you had a serious infection you would feel ill and have much more than just a swollen node. It really honestly sounds like it is related to the boil. I know how hard it can be not to worry, but this really sounds perfectly normal considering the boil you had. Try to occupy yourself and not worry about it. Remember, the more you touch or press on the node, the more inflamed or sore it can get, so try to leave it alone. I remember I kept feeling mine when mine were swollen and I was worried about them....but I think it just aggrivated them more.
Hope you find some peace of mind in reading this.

southernbelle
18-05-13, 04:39
Thank you. I don't THINK that I have any other swollen nodes... I've got ice on the area now & will at least make it numb rather than obsess about I over a weekend, hopefully.
It is hard not to worry, but I'm trying very hard. Your reply was helpful & comforting. Thank you!

---------- Post added at 23:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

Even after ice...still hurts. No fun