PDA

View Full Version : unexplained weight loss :(

Eek
18-05-13, 02:53
Over the last six weeks I've lost 10lb without even trying. Even my doc is a little concerned and has started to weigh me to monitor it. That with my night sweats has made me really worry I have some form of cancer. I'm eating well so there's no reason why it should be going down like this.

AllIhaveisme
18-05-13, 02:56
On any medications?

Eek
18-05-13, 03:03
No new ones. I take micardis for my blood pressure and fluvoxamine an SSRI which I have been taking a year and a half. Though I did stop a med about the time my weight loss started - olanzapine (zyprexa).

AllIhaveisme
18-05-13, 03:05
I don't know much about those meds, but the change in meds just before the loss could explain it. :)

valley
18-05-13, 03:07
Anxiety can cause weight loss (it does for me - maybe the ONLY good thing about anxiety?). Are you worried about anything, stressed out for some reason, etc? Even changes in sleep (which also can be due to anxiety) can be related to weight loss because it can affect your appetite.

Eek
18-05-13, 08:10
So I went to the hairdresser today and the first thing she says is "OOoo haven't you lost weight." o_O just what I needed.

Frankie123
18-05-13, 08:17
I lost 8lbs in a few days and it turned out to be stress and anxiety. Even though I have been eating normally for over six months I have never recovered the weight so it can happen with anxiety.