PDA

View Full Version : Feeling unsteady

Torri
18-05-13, 10:56
Just want to ask if anyone else has this, I get this unsteady feeling and I have to stand against something to make it go away, it just happens and after a minute or so it goes...it only happens if I stand still.... it only happens when im away from home...not walking or anything, but after my anxiety is on high, and I just want to go home as It makes me feel ill
It's this a side of the meds I'm taking or it's this my anxiety, I'm really worried

PanchoGoz
18-05-13, 11:09
A bit like jelly legs I suppose? Remember that although you feel like this, you are not actually going to fall down. You can test this by not holding yourself up when it happens. Your legs feel weak because of adrenaline but they are still getting you around! Don't let holding yourself up against something become a safety behaviour, train yourself out of doing it.

megsmom78
18-05-13, 11:18
Hi Torri, this happens to me all the time if i'm in a queue or i have to stand and wait for something when i'm out. I think it's because when i'm out all i can think about is getting back home and any little delay makes me anxious. There's been times when i've been in a queue and the anxiety has got the better of me and i had to leave even if it's my turn next. I've been on sertraline for well over 2 years so it's not a side effect for me.
Unless you're new to meds or changed meds in the last few days, i'd say it's a symptom not a side effect. Deep breathing helps me in this situation sometimes depending on where i am, how many people are about etc. I hope this helps ease your worries. Our minds play nasty tricks on us when we're anxious. :winks:

Horace
22-05-13, 09:38
I have this when I'm in a queue. The key is try not to run away and stick it out. It's horrible but it's always better to face the feeling because it will pass if you give it some time. I sing to myself in my head when I get this which helps to distract me.

minxlaura
26-05-13, 16:17
hi there hon . i too get this feeling .
i feel all lightheaded and just i dunno like i am gonna pass out n my legs feel wobbly.
Its all anxiety.. i tell myself this .. but it still freaks me out everytime it happens ! x hope u r ok