PDA

View Full Version : Mole

rachael t
18-05-13, 15:15
Went to docs ysterday and he noticed wot i thought was a small freckle on palm of my hand he asked how long i ad it and said keep a eye on it its made me realy worried obiously not a freckle but some kind of mole as anyone else av one

Annie0904
18-05-13, 16:16
I have one on my neck that they took a photograph of in the hospital years ago. I have had it checked again and it is still okay so I wouldn't worry too much.

Aimee92
18-05-13, 16:35
Hi Rachael,

Please try not to worry too much about it. If your doctor thought it was something to be concerned about, he would have arranged for you to have tests straight away. I'd assume he just wants you to keep an eye on it like every other mole on your body.

I have quite a few of those moles/freckles on my body (due to me having Type 1 NF). I have one on the back of my finger, front of my wrist, couple on my face and neck, ankle and one on my toe. I have a very small barely noticable one on my lip too. And those are just off the top of my head, I know I have many more in various places on my body. I've had most of them for years and have had no problems so far.

If I remember rightly my sister has had one somewhere on the palm of her hand since she was a kid, and she's not had any problems with hers either.

Greenmonster
19-05-13, 08:12
My brother has a new mole on his palm, and both of us have moles on the inside of our fingers

panicperson
21-05-13, 23:01
I have moles everywhere and it's hard to keep track of new ones. You can get new moles up to about 30yrs x

PhoenixGrey
22-05-13, 08:42
I've got (at last count) about 45+ moles... ranging from the underside of my little toe to my belly, boobs, back, neck and arms.

Almost every single one is raised, irregular in shape, irregular in colour and some are large. I have been to the doctor a gazillion times about them, everyone takes a look and says there's nothing to worry about keep an eye on changes.

Your doctor just wants you to keep an eye on it, and as it's on your palm that's easy enough, many peope have moles removed all the time on a 'just in case' basis - I'm not one of them but several of my friends have had it done, so I wouldn't worry about it, if they're worried about it, they'll get rid of it for you and it'll probably be nothing :)

Liviguy
22-05-13, 12:19
I have loads of moles. I had a large black one removed from my back a number of years ago as the doctor said it looked a little iffy. I just keep an eye on them for any changes.