PDA

View Full Version : shaky and heavy sweating

maz55
18-05-13, 16:00
I have suffered panic attacks in the past and do suffer with anxiety btinternet generally have it under control, but this afternoon had a wierd turn.Firstly I gave up.smoking abut 8 months ago, and realized the other day that since giving up I have rarely been without a boiled sweet in my mouth hence weight gain.Anyway this morning got up late had a cuppa with the usual 11/2 sugars then a coffee later walked the dogs and went off shopping, this about 3 hours after getting up.by the time I got to the shop it was about 4 hours after waking.Got in the shop which was very busy and hot and just as was finishing the last bits felt very wierd, felt like my eyes were shaking and I could see my pulse in my eyes, felt out of place and then gte very very hot and sweaty.I managed to pay for my goods and rushed outside where it was cooler I popped a sweet in my mouth and very quickly felt better though continued feeling really sweaty actually dripping for a further 15 mins. Now back k home and ok.Does this sound like a panic attack as am now fearful that it was a TIA or somesort of diabetic a attack or my heartIl. It felt like an extreme hot flush but am 58 and not had those from a few years.Any advice gratefully received .

Anxious_gal
18-05-13, 19:50
How long did you go without food?
When my anxiety was bad I'd forget to eat and it took me a while to figure out that some of my panic attacks were due to low blood sugar/ going too long with out food.

I noticed I'd feel better straight away if I are food!
The symptoms I had were feeling unusually weak, sweating, shaky, dizzy, faint.
The weakness and sweating don't happen to me durning a regular panic attack.

Just don't go so long with out food and water! It's nothing to worry about but maybe mention it to your doctor n there's a fasting blood test you can do too and a finger prick test if your worried.
I always keep a snack on me like a ceral bar, and a drink like 7up/sprite.

maz55
18-05-13, 21:23
Good point, I had gone without food for about 13 hrs just had two cups tea with sugar.Will pay more attention to length of time, thanks for the advice