PDA

View Full Version : Sharp pain in neck

RVP
18-05-13, 23:41
hey guys, how are you all?

I keep getting a sharp pain in the side of my neck, not all the time, maybe..a few times during the day and not everyday either. But it's very noticeable.
any ideas on what could be causing it?

Oh I forgot to add the pain is like a sharp pinch for a 1-10 seconds and then will come and go sometimes often sometimes its just once.

Bekzie
21-05-13, 22:55
Hi Rvp

I get sharp pains and aches in my neck due to the muscle tension from anxiety so maybe it is the same for you, we tend to tense muscles without realising.

Lemondrizzle
13-04-15, 17:26
I felt this ...it come and goes every 20secs any ideas?

Davit
13-04-15, 17:40
Okay, you aren't going to mention how old you are. If your neck has got shorter because you are losing the space between the vertebrae tension will cause you to pull down one side and pinch a nerve. It can be anything from a dull ache like my scalp is being pulled off to a nail in my head that goes as soon as I move it. The sharp pain certainly makes me drop the tension. I get this mostly after a long drive. It is a real pain in the …neck, well other places too. Morphine helps but mostly I put up with it. Tylenol helps a bit is all. Valium as a muscle relaxer works but I don't like to use it.

Lemondrizzle
14-04-15, 00:10
Okay, you aren't going to mention how old you are. If your neck has got shorter because you are losing the space between the vertebrae tension will cause you to pull down one side and pinch a nerve. It can be anything from a dull ache like my scalp is being pulled off to a nail in my head that goes as soon as I move it. The sharp pain certainly makes me drop the tension. I get this mostly after a long drive. It is a real pain in the …neck, well other places too. Morphine helps but mostly I put up with it. Tylenol helps a bit is all. Valium as a muscle relaxer works but I don't like to use it.

Thanks davit