PDA

View Full Version : Tingling nose...?

Anxiety Jim
19-05-13, 01:10
Hi,

for a few weeks now I've had the top of my nose tingling most of the day, I thought nothing off it to begin with, but gradually it's started to worry me. So I looked up the causes of tingling nose and MS came up (surprise surprise).

I've been worried about MS for a few months, I have had headaches on my right side of my head that go to my right eye, that happen for weeks at a time. And when I'm standing still I lose my balance very easily, always having to grab hold of something, or take a few quick steps.

My GP didn't seem worried about my headache, but I didn't mention the balance issues because I thought it would look like I was trying to point him towards MS.

I've also been getting flashes of light in my left eye, not headache eye, and my GP said it's probably migraine related, which is what he said my headaches probably were.

I'm 24, so in the age range of developing the first symptoms of MS and I'm terrified.

How do I bring it to my GP's attention without it coming across as my health anxiety. I've seen a GP at my local surgery quite a lot recently.

Thanks,

Lollymandy
19-05-13, 11:34
I would make another appointment and mention the balance issue, dont worry about the GP, and what he/she thinks. Also, I had the tingling nose thing since 2010 on and off, I've not had it for ages now, In my case it was put down as a symptom on anaemia. I always accepted that and I dont worry about it any more. Dont worry, go back to see your GP, they are paid well enough. :-)

unsure_about_this
19-05-13, 17:28
Hi

Like Lollymandy has said I would go back to see your GP, don't worry how many times you go back to them. I am coming up to double figures already this year and would live there if I could.
Please try and stay of Google I know it hard to do because I am anxiety myself about lots of conditions and my health in general.

Anxious_gal
19-05-13, 21:47
I get random tingling too. I've had it on the tip of my nose, on my cheek, lips, lots of places really. It's rather annoying but it should go in a few days.

With MS symptoms don't come and go they get worse, so you'll be ok x

I've had all your symptoms, do you have TMJ? Tense your jaw or grind your teeth?
It can affect your ears causing dizziness, and the tension can give you headaches and even neck pain. TMJ can also annoy the nerves along your jaw causing numbness/tingling around the face .

Anxiety Jim
20-05-13, 02:01
I'm not sure what TMJ is, but I do find myself clenching my jaw quite often, really clenching quite hard sometimes.

I'll book an appointment with the GP tomorrow, but I'll probably have to wait around 3 weeks before I get to see one. So I'll monitor what happens.

It's probably worth mentioning when I do lose my balance and 'catch' myself I'm perfectly fine after that, I'm not still off-balance.

Thanks everyone for your comments, it's helpful to know others have had similar feelings and fears.