PDA

View Full Version : Can Anxiety Cause Painful Spots All Over?

Patrick8
19-05-13, 02:46
So my main health anxiety focus of the last few months has been over lipomas(fatty lumps). When I first discovered them they never hurt because I barely thought about them. We're talking a couple years. Didn't know what they were. Didn't really have health anxiety at the time.

Now they can hurt! Is it possible this is from constantly thinking about them? Plus the poking that comes along with it... Is that possible? My ribs are also painful when pressed. Have some low back and hip pain. Even had sciatica down my leg once when traveling. These things I know are probably mostly anxiety. When I'm at my worst I'm hesitant to even touch my torso due to finding painful tender spots.....

Another thing that leads me to believe the painful lumps etc might be anxiety is:
1. They rarely hurt upon waking up.
2. They rarely hurt when exercising.

To me any pain that doesn't hurt when exercising could likely be from anxiety?

Just looking for someone to confirm my theory! Then maybe I can convince myself all this pain is from anxiety & it just might go away for good.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

I guess to put it simply. I know anxiety can cause pains & aches from muscle tension. But can it really cause other types of pain as well? Is the mind that powerful?

Mipsy
19-05-13, 16:19
Hi there, I have fatty lumps on my torso. They get sore around the area where my jeans belt has been and also where I have scar tissue from an operation.
If I press my ribs, they're sore.
The hip and back pain could be linked to your sciatica.
Monitor the pain and discuss it the next time you visit your GP and he/she can help you.
In the meantime have a look at the site www.livinglifetothefull.com
It was recommended by my GP. It gives good advice in particular on CBT to help your anxiety x x