PDA

View Full Version : That rush rush err! feeling

dave01
28-09-06, 20:28
My anxiety comes in phases when i am having a bad time, i just can't stop myself from doing everything in a total frantic rush, driving, housework, diy' anything. I constantly feel like i'm living at 100 miles an hour, it's so hard to switch off, even though sometimes i have a lot of time on my hands it does n't stop the rushing feeling. just wandered if anyone else felt the same and how they manage it.
Thanx
Dave.

d.jones

Two heads
28-09-06, 20:42
I can so relate to that dave.My sis even told me to sit down today and slow down but i couldet because i was having one of my anxious days.
on these days i just find it hard to not do anything,i caut do anything slowly.xxxxxxxx

domino
28-09-06, 20:50
Welcome dave.Well when i get that rushed feeling i try my deep breathing exercises ,this helps me a great deal.Also you could try a yoga class that is brilliant hopes this is of some help to you we,re here for you ,give it a try.
:) lorraine

dave01
28-09-06, 21:42
Thanx guys.

d.jones

Kathy
29-09-06, 08:28
I feel like that sometimes and worry that it means Im manic - see the Stephen Fry worry tv post! Other days I have no energy at all.

KathXX

hopeful
29-09-06, 09:37
Hi Dave,
I know exactly what you mean. I feel like i'm in a race most of the time. Ive always thought its stress from having too much to do and not enough time to do it,but that cant be right cos some days I dont feel that way but still have the same things to do. I wish I knew the answer to stop the rushed feeling,but I feel better knowing someone else has the same as me. Take care.

julie x

kate H
29-09-06, 09:56
I'm the same Dave. I think its a mind thing, if u keep rushing around an d u keep busy it keeps your mind off the fact you are having an anxious day. I too rush around like a looney most days then on the odd day my body says "not today" and goes completely the opposite and I hve no energy or urge to do anything (bit like today really)

x

****You can never get rid of the butterflies, but you can teach them to fly in formation ****

honeybee3939
29-09-06, 10:02
Hi Dave

I can totaly relate to you too, its like i cant bear to have anything in my mind, so i have to get all the jobs done quickly so i have nothing to think about. i cant leave anything until the next day or it drives me mad thinking about it in my head. I geuss we have to learn to relax more.

Love

Andrea
xxx

dave01
29-09-06, 18:04
thanx guys at least i know i'm not on my own now.
take care.
Dave

d.jones