PDA

View Full Version : Real bad panic attack

reenymac
19-05-13, 16:09
Just had a real bad panic attack.....felt it was going to be the worst one ever that I was completely going to lose my mind and go into a horrible place and never come out of it.......mine are triggered by a fear of having a nervous breakdown does anyone else have a fear of a nervous breakdown and getting carted off to hospital never to return again to normal....had to take 6mg of valium to get me through that one....does anyone have any tips or other ideas for meds that can help with panic attacks, I normally take hydroxine, but had changed and was trying ST johns wort as I felt the hydroxine was lowering my mood....any help would be appreciated. ps I am almost running out of diazepan, I dont take them all the time only when I get a massive panic attack that I cant control, so worrying that the doc won't give me them again

Thanks
Reeny

Snoodlester
19-05-13, 17:05
Hi Reeny
Sorry you're having such a bad time at the moment - I've been having terrible panic attacks this week - not nice doesn't even come close.
I'm working my way through CBT4PANIC, have you come across this? It might help you.
Best wishes, Sue x

reenymac
19-05-13, 17:26
Thanks Sue for your kind words, no I haven't came across how can I get access to it, seriously think panic attacks have to be the most challenging thing anyone has to go through in their life, it's like facing all your nightmares in one go, really hate how it questions your ability to do things that you normally do without questioning yourself.

Thanks again
Reeny x

Reeny x

Snoodlester
19-05-13, 17:54
Hi reeny
Not sure if this link will work as I'm on my iPod:
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91696&highlight=Cbt4panic
Let me know if it doesn't and I'll send it from my laptop.
Good luck, sue x

reenymac
19-05-13, 18:06
Thanks Sue link looks like it will work....Good stuff.

Thanks millions

Reeny x

Snoodlester
19-05-13, 18:10
You're welcome! I just wish I'd found it years ago - I might no be where I am now if I had!! Let me know how you get on.
Sue x

flori
19-05-13, 19:10
Hi Reenymac, I get that too. When it`s real bad and the panic/anxiety strikes I feel I`m going mad. I pace up and down frightened,heart racing, cant sit down. It`s a truly horrible feeling.
That`s my fear too that I end up in hospital by losing the plot. But as you know, it always passes. At the time, if it goes on for hours, it`s hard to keep telling ourselves that , but it does pass. I feel exhausted after bad ones.
I get diazepam, 28 to last about 3 months. Ridiculous, I say when we are suffering and are sensible with them.
In fact I worry that much about having to be careful with them that it`s probably making anxiety worse.

Try this link too and see if it helps
http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/mindfulness.htm

reenymac
19-05-13, 21:59
Thanks Flori....yeah I know I stress about not getting valium too or using them....I am very careful with them and only use them in extreme panics, but they always make it tough for you to get them, the last time I had done some research and found that anti psychotics can help so I asked for some instead as they are not addictive, but they decided to give me the valium instead which is strange....thanks for posting the link will give it a bash

Take care Reeny

damopanther
19-05-13, 22:06
i remember one christmas 7 years ago on christmas day, i had a panic attack from 7 in evening till 6 next morning! never experience anything like that before, and the next day i had a text from the x asking for a divorce because i left her mums after christmas dinner! since then, ive been taught to accept them and not fight them, and sometimes a long walk helps with slow breathing, meditation is another option, the more you accept these attacks the easier it gets, take care damo

flori
19-05-13, 22:30
Damo,
Do you still get them as bad.