PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself!

smk
19-05-13, 19:24
Hi everyone,
I have had depression my whole life but have never really done a whole lot about it, just bottle it up and let it get worse and this is the year I finally cracked. There are many things that could have triggered it but regardless the past 3-4 months it has been getting much worse, I am in a constant state of panic and suffer terrible anxiety and as of late I am finding it difficult to even leave the house or travel anywhere, even the store, for fear of certain things. I have been on Citalopram 10mg for a week now and will go up to 20mg in a few days. Have been seeing a bereavement counselor but obviously that only touches on one aspect of the problem so am hoping to speak with someone else as well. I have also begun the CBT4Panic I came across here and am hoping that will set me on the right path.
Thanks for reading and hi to everyone.

flori
19-05-13, 19:33
Hi SMK and :welcome:

Hope you find help and comfort amongst your fellow anxiety sufferers.

Here is another link if you would like to try it

http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/mindfulness.htm

Baggs
19-05-13, 19:43
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

almamatters
19-05-13, 20:21
Hi :welcome: to the forum.

Spot-the-frog
19-05-13, 20:24
Hi SMK, sorry to hear that you are going through a bad time at the moment. It is early days on your medication so keep taking them and they should kick in soon.

You will find lots of help and support on here.

Kx

Mark13
20-05-13, 01:21
Hi. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.