PDA

View Full Version : having a blood clot related panic attack

eastofeden
19-05-13, 23:52
3 weeks later and my leg is still hurting like hell.
i thought it was getting better but nope, yesterday the broken bottle stabbing feeling started in all those spots in my leg thigh and foot again.

i wanted to go to the emergency doctor/a&e but it seems like that's always what i jump to and usually they give me some paracetamol and send me on my way.
if it doesn't get better by tomorrow im going to insist on an ultrasound and if they still refuse im going to ask them to write on my records that i asked for one but was refused. the annoying thing is the ultrasound techs only come in 2 days a week so it could take days.

anyway im feeling quite shaky and just a minute ago this wash of dizziness swept over me like i was going to faint.
i feel like i can't breathe, getting random chest pains and am too scared to go to sleep tonight.
i just have no idea why this pain isn't going away. im biting my fingernails right now as i just can't shake this feeling. i haven't done anything to strain a muscle and this feels like it's in the bone or something.

the only reassurance is that i saw 3 doctors last week who said not to worry unless it swelled up. but then some people don't get swelling so idk.
im getting really worked up about it. im so convinced i have a clot. my leg is just aching so much.

and im filling my head with all these stories about young people with blood clots people dying because they weren't treated on time.

nomorepanic
20-05-13, 00:02
Blood clots have very specific symptoms

Have the docs offered other reasons for the pain?

eastofeden
20-05-13, 00:07
hi there, nope they couldn't explain it.

one said that because my calves were soft and the same size, they didn't think it was a clot, so maybe this was nerve pain or a pulled muscle.

but I've had nerve pain in my toes before, and it's usually very acute and feels more like little pinpricks.

this is a very dull deep ache that goes up the entire leg and is accompanied by sort of twisting knifelike pain.

i really don't know anymore what i should do.
maybe i should just sleep and see how it is tomorrow.

it hurts to walk on now. i really thought i was imagining it but now it's too hard to ignore.

nomorepanic
20-05-13, 00:14
Ok maybe you need to see physio or an osteopath or someone but it doesn't sounds like a blood clot

chl_hobbs
22-05-13, 06:59
Hi, I know how u feel as the blood clot fear hit me a few tines overvthe oast year and uts very scary. Have u asked for a d dimer blood test? Its a test which can tell u if theres a clot or not. In an a+e dept ut takes 1 hour to get result. It can give false positives tho, so if u have some severe inflammation, a cold, preganant etc it can be raised, so they investigate if it is raised. However, it cant give a false negative so.if its negative then u havent got a clot for sure. The bad thing about this.test is that if u have bad HA and uour recent worry is clots then u keep wanting the test over and over...which is what happened to me. One day though it came back.slightly raised and I had to have blood thinners which nade me sick and scans etc qhich scared me. I didnt have a clot but the fear after having a false postive test was immense.

Good luck

Charlotte