PDA

View Full Version : pressure on temple/Cheek/bridge nose

lorraine
20-05-13, 06:40
hi

Been posting on here alot about my symtoms lately. Had pressure on my left temple about 5mm about to of ear. My ear feels full or pressured aswell. Had these symtoms for about 9 weeks. Sometimes the pressure radiates to my cheek and tingles. Sometimes i have the pressure onthe brige of my nose that also tingles. My temple did twitch as well but that seems to of gone off a bit. Sometimes i get a dull ache in the temple and ear aswell. Yesterday I thought its almost gone and then it decided to come back again.

I have been to the drs he said it was anxiety or bell palsy which panic me as i thought my face might drop and it has not at all. Gave me some movelat to apply to my temple. I did mention ms or brain tumor to him and said said definately not. He gave me a good examination felt my temples checked ears, neck ect. Said it would go did not say how long it would last though. Im so worried has someone had anything similar for this amount of time? need some reassurance.

Lorraine

---------- Post added at 06:40 ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 ----------

Anyone!

Darbysa
20-05-13, 07:00
Hi Lorraine
What you have described can definitely be a symptom of anxiety. It is caused by tension in your jaw and neck. You may not be conscious of this tension all the time but if you are constantly worried about the symptoms it will make it worse. It's good you've been to the doctor to check this out. It could easily have been something connected with your sinuses. I doubt it would be bells palsy but then again I'm not a doctor.
I have felt all these symptoms you describe from time to time, particularly the full ears and tingling nose and cheeks. They are fairly common for anxiety sufferers.
Try to relax and do some exercises that stretch the neck. Easier said than done I know. It can be hard to accept that anxiety can cause such physical symptoms.
Hope you feel a bit better today.
Take care
Sal x

fruity
20-05-13, 09:48
hi

Been posting on here alot about my symtoms lately. Had pressure on my left temple about 5mm about to of ear. My ear feels full or pressured aswell. Had these symtoms for about 9 weeks. Sometimes the pressure radiates to my cheek and tingles. Sometimes i have the pressure onthe brige of my nose that also tingles. My temple did twitch as well but that seems to of gone off a bit. Sometimes i get a dull ache in the temple and ear aswell. Yesterday I thought its almost gone and then it decided to come back again.

I have been to the drs he said it was anxiety or bell palsy which panic me as i thought my face might drop and it has not at all. Gave me some movelat to apply to my temple. I did mention ms or brain tumor to him and said said definately not. He gave me a good examination felt my temples checked ears, neck ect. Said it would go did not say how long it would last though. Im so worried has someone had anything similar for this amount of time? need some reassurance.

Lorraine

---------- Post added at 06:40 ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 ----------

Anyone!
i have had this recently. i put it down to sinus. becauase i have been having colds recently