PDA

View Full Version : Terrified, am I alone in this?

seafra
29-09-06, 00:29
I've had social and separation anxiety for as long as I can remember. I've been on paxil for many years and a about 2 years ago changed to zoloft. Now other then gaining some weight, with some high blood pressure. I've coped and deal with it very well, I've made some remarkable improvement's. And have been great other then the panic attack I get every now and again.

However, last week I had a panic attack and it was much different. Other then the feeling of passing out, or dying, I felt as If i was going mad. Nothing around me seemed real. I went for a glass of water, picking it up, it all looked like a mix of light handedness and vertigo, and also, as if I was not really picking up the glass of water.

Now ever since that night I've felt this way the whole time. For a little over a week now. I'm scared I maybe getting ill, or worse. But what is the worst feeling? That nothing to me seems real. Its like I'm a zombie. The days are normal just like any other, but i've always got that feeling. And it causes even more panic attacks. And it came from out of the blue, I can not track back to what may have triggered it. Everything in therapy that I was told to do to cope that always helped me before, is not helping this. And its not going away.I've never had a feeling like this before.

Is this unique? Am I one of a kind? Or does what I'm feeling have a name and many people experience it? Because I've delt with the worst of the worst of depression, but nothing like this before. I mean before this past week, I felt just fine. No clue where it came from, or why.

eeyorelover
29-09-06, 04:03
Hi there and welcome to the forum :)
I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time of it lately.
Check out this link.....
[Link removed invalid url]

I hope this at least let's you know that you are not alone.
Hope you feel better real soon :)
xxx
Sandy

u0000998
29-09-06, 17:24
No you are not alone with this. It is derealisation/depersona;lisation. Very common apparently in anxiety and depression but frightening all the same. This is another symptom of the worry cycle of anxiety sufferers. I am sure this feels horrible, have had it, but if you have coped with the 'worst depression' you should tell yourself you can cope with this too.

I wish i could practice what I preached!
Jo