PDA

View Full Version : Side effects from Omperazole???

Mogwog
20-05-13, 11:39
Has anyone had any negative side effects from taking Omperazole?

My Dr gave me some about 5 weeks ago and I have been taking it as directed but ever since taking it I have had a really dry irritated throat but only on one side. I have been to the Drs about it and have tried antibiotics but they haven't worked, so I am trying to work out what could be causing it without going into complete panic mode:wacko: It started around the same time I started the Omperazole so am wondering if it could be linked to that? Also feels like there is something stuck in throat on the one side.

Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated.xxxxxxxx

Coppernob
20-05-13, 11:59
I had terrible problems with omeprazole, basically it made my acid reflux worse and changed the symptoms. Previously I used to have heartburn and some reflux, but no throat problems, and then when I was put on omeprazole it seemed as if it changed the consistency of the reflux so that it affected my throat and sinuses instead of my oesophagus. But I never managed to convince the doctors of that - they simply didn't believe me, though I found others online who had the same problem.

I came off it after about 4 months and went on to ranitidine. It took a while for the effects to die down but then my throat got completely better and I have no more problems. So yes, I can relate to that - I had antibiotics too, went on for ages. But the medical profession think all ppis are absolute magic and will hear no criticism of them.

Good luck!

Mogwog
20-05-13, 12:06
Thanks for replying - I've read some of the things other people are saying about it, sounds like quite a few people have problems with it. Can you remember roughly how long it took for the side effects to go away after you stopped taking them? I only stopped on Saturday I'd rather have my old reflux symptoms back then this!!!

xxxxxxxx

namoplus
21-05-13, 14:30
Omperazole changed my GERD into LPR . now i have irritated throat syollen lymph node under my jaw that worsened my anxiety thinking i might have lymphoma. also i had a little blood in stool and navel pain which i am pretty sure it is caused by Omperazole. My dad also used to have skin rash and itching with it.

almamatters
21-05-13, 19:10
I used to get constant nausea while on this medication no other side effects to mention. I now take Lansoprazole and find it much better.