PDA

View Full Version : urgh enlarged lymph node

sezzy5889
20-05-13, 12:14
I think i have an enlarged lymph node, a small lump in my neck under where my tongue is, it's painful and i hear it can be a sign your body is trying to fight infection or illness :unsure:

Problem is i'm also an emet sufferer and now i'm worrying that i'm coming down with something and going to get sick :weep:

Mipsy
20-05-13, 14:33
Hi there. Yes, our nodes fight infection. I too am currently worrying about an enlarged lymph node, but I'm calming down a bit realising its fighting the infection in my ear.
What's emet?
I'm sure it could be something simple. Like a tooth that's sore? Or a cut in your mouth xx

AllIhaveisme
20-05-13, 15:39
You just have to keep reminding yourself that's what lymph nodes are supposed to do. The node is just doing its job.

sezzy5889
20-05-13, 16:03
Emetophobia is a phobia of being sick, so knowing there is something up or that i'm coming down with something is not good for me :weep: means my anxiety will be high until it goes and i might have a panic attack.

I know they are just doing their job, but it is not knowing what they are trying to fight that worries me :unsure:

Mipsy
20-05-13, 19:56
I had a large lymph node once and it was due to a boil on my neck. Can be something that you haven't even thought of that will simply clear up.
Have you thought about asking your GP for some CBT to tackle your anxiety?
In the meantime, try to do some relaxation.
X x