PDA

View Full Version : Hello Valium

ChristopherT
20-05-13, 12:33
So a friend got me some Valium tablets -10mg to help me sleep. I guess I have problem with anxiety. Usually I take non prescription sleeping tablets if I want to sleep.

I'm already taking Prozac, and Ritalin. Prozac for two months, Ritalin for about 6 months.

I thought Valium is for sleeping, but it seems like it's also for anxiety..

I do get anxiety sometimes, I wonder is it normal to take Valium to relax more in social situations?

aggiecuttler
20-05-13, 17:41
hi is your friend in the medical profession, its just that can you be sure the meds are genuine? and also that they do not interact with your other meds? i too thought valium was for sleep but saying that i have temazapam and i was perscribed it for sleep but i do believe that people take it for anxiety situations so maybe, i would have a google

Annie0904
20-05-13, 18:35
I would not take the valium without your doctors advise.

ChristopherT
21-05-13, 05:19
Oh the Valium is definitely genuine. I will take care with it, and have done the research. Friend is not a medical practitioner.

I think I will use it minimally, for anxiety. Maybe just a quarter of a pill, and see how it works.

I have over the counter medicine, which I can use to get to sleep, so I don't really need it to sleep. But if I feel myself with anxiety, I may use it in moderation and not on a regular basis.

I don't really have an addictive personality so I guess it's okay. But thanks for your consideration.

ChristopherT
22-05-13, 03:57
So anyway at this stage, I keep the Valium in reserve. It actually can be segmented into quarters. I tried a quarter 2.5gms, and felt a bit more relaxed. So I think I'll just stick to that minimal amount, if I feel the onset of anxiety, is happening less and less recently.

---------- Post added at 02:57 ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 ----------

Yeah part of my problem, is the doctor I went to originally was in my old suburb, which is about 2 and a half hours away. I tried going to a doctor in that area I am at now, the medical centers all seem full around here, maybe because I'm not a local.

Anyway thankfully doctors seem to give me 6 month prescriptions, and I have some access to medication. I guess I just have to be sensible with it, do my research, and use sites/communities like this for advice.