PDA

View Full Version : Doctors again...

FR14
20-05-13, 12:40
Hi all

I'm off to the doctors about my urge to urinate more often. I notced it after id done a pessary for thrush however its really starting to worry me. recently i have what the doctor has termed 'mild ibs' and ovulation pain. My fear is that I have OC.

Over the weekend I took some powdered drink for cystitis which I thought had worked as i was fine over the weekend but today I have already been for a wee 5 times.

I'm so scared :(. I've also finished my cbt sessions as I thought I was ready but I now know I'm not. I feel I need to ask the gp to put me on medication...

Any thoughts

Xx

anxietyoverload
20-05-13, 13:36
Im sure it is just the Cystitis :) I used to suffer with this sooo badly! I would wee without a seconds warning - so embarrassing! If you have taken the drink and the pessary I would think the doc would give you some anti biotics for the cystitis xx

FR14
20-05-13, 17:00
Hey thanks for the support.

Just got back from the docs, I did a urine test and she tested it there and then... No infection. I think I'd rather there be an infection to stop my mind wondering even further!

It was a different doctor so I explained my worries with the other symptoms and how i think they are linked to my ovaries. she wasnt fazed and said its a case if irritable bladder... had my stomach prodded for the 5th time and she said it felt fine.

It's just so frustrating it doesn't help my worries at all. I explained how I was getting over the anxiety so didn't think it could be that. She still thinks its anxiety and said now that I've been told what the other problems are with the ovulation pain etc it's just another thing to focus on. Which I understand as I explained when I am busy and out enjoying myself I don't notice it... Ahhhhh.

So I am going to take my doctors word for it, I have mild ibs(or as the doc said more of someone that suffers from wind) ovulation pain and irritable bladder! I wonder what will be next?!

Thanks anxietyoverload x