PDA

View Full Version : Slow to normal heart and bp with anxiety and panic

mummyanxious
20-05-13, 13:55
Something that has worried me since my anxiety symptoms have returned is that if I feel panicky my pulse doesn't get too fast at all. I used to suffer with racing heart etc with my panic and anxiety.
Since it came back my pulse is generally normal to slow and I struggle sometimes to get a pulse in my wrist.
Every time I've been to the Dr my bp has been fine at around 110/70. I worry it should be higher as I am under a lot of stress (not that I want it to be!).
My pulse on rest is generally 65 which is really slow for me.
They wanted to put me on bp tablets for palpitations but with already normal to low bp and slowish heart rate I am reluctant.

aggiecuttler
20-05-13, 17:38
palpitations are horrible things i used to get them when consuming anything caffine related, so i cut out caffine and things like cheese, orange juice and sorry chocolate, all triggered palpatations in me maybe try this and see if it helps it did for me. your blood pressure seems low to fine to me. are you on antidepressants at all or anything to help with the panic anxiety

mummyanxious
20-05-13, 19:57
I'm not on any medication of any kind no. Just under a great deal of stress!

NoPoet
20-05-13, 22:50
Palpitations don't have to mean your heart is beating too fast or slow. They are often associated with anxiety, especially among people on NMP. It might actually be your chest muscles tensing or cramping which might be mistaken for palpitations.

If your doctor believes there is an underlying medical condition, discuss the medication with him. If he is at a loss to explain the palpitations, they are being caused by anxiety. Any symptoms which are "weird" or "inexplicable" are almost certainly due to anxiety and cannot hurt you unless you give them an importance that they do not deserve, in which case they will simply make you miserable. You have a choice between moving forward with your life, or allowing yourself to experience misery and fear. What will you choose?

JulieJay92
03-06-13, 20:59
my pulse does that too - 17 years ago it went through the roof but now with PA its around 65-75 but bp does jump in my case but even 2010 heart monitors ecg were normal