PDA

View Full Version : People say stupid things!

meche
20-05-13, 13:56
'Are you ok? Your left eye looks swollen and droopy!'. :ohmy::ohmy:! This is what a work colleague has just said to me :ohmy:. Now as someone who last year had a major fear of strokes this is not the best thing to say. I got over the worst of my HA issues months ago but there is still a part of me that sometimes thinks too much about aches/pains. Today has not been a good day. I spilt my coffee (twice), tripped over my own feet, have made so many errors at work that even my corrections have been wrong and I've had to correct my corrections, I have a tension headache, complete brain freeze, my typing is all over the place and I'm not sure what my name is :wacko:! I've put this down to a few nights of crappy sleep and a delayed hangover from Saturday night! Seriously though, the second she said it I felt that familiar rush going through my body and dashed to the toilet mirror..... and although my eye looks a bit red it is not swollen or droopy. She knows the issues I had last year so I'm just a bit annoyed with her for saying such a silly thing to me. Anyway, panic over folks..... I have not had a stroke.... not today anyway :yesyes:! Just needed to rant. xxxx

Annie0904
20-05-13, 14:02
Oh you haven't had a good morning and what a silly colleague! The pharmacist just told me that if my tooth is infected I won't be able to get my filling done on Wednesday so of course I am now imagining that it IS infected when the chances are that it isn't!
Hugs for you :hugs::hugs::huh: and hopefully you can catch up on your sleep tonight. x

meche
20-05-13, 14:24
Thank you Annie and I really hope your tooth isn't infected - stupid pharmacist. I cannot wait to finish work, have a soak in the bath and put my pyjamas on. To say I am clumsy today would be an understatement! I'm meant to be doing bank recons this afternoon but there is no way that's happening. I'm also meant to be going to the gym but I live in fear of the treadmill pulling me under and squashing me so that's cancelled. No - probably best if I stay out of societys way for the rest of today and start a fresh tomorrow. xx

Annie0904
20-05-13, 14:44
I am feeling the same way..didn't go to my pilates this morning. Oh well as they say "Tomorrow is another day" :)