PDA

View Full Version : Broken ankle...worried.

Worriedlady85
20-05-13, 15:30
Hi everyone! I am new to this site and very glad i've found it! Here's my situation: 6 days ago i broke my ankle (my fibula at the ankle, small break but broken clean through the bone with no displaced pieces) I've had no pain since initial break with swelling at break site and no bruising. Ok i am in a knee to foot nwb cast for 4 wks. I made the mistake of looking up a broken ankle online and saw "my broken ankle and now dvt". Scared me and that is all i've been able to think abt for 6 days. Basically wondering will i get this? I am in a cast however i do move alot. I use crutches and a computer chair. I constantly wiggle my toes, lift my leg and i can even move my calf in my cast. I do elevate as much as i can but i have to move around. Seems like i have multiple risk factors other than this, im overweight and a smoker which I am working on quitting. So please can someone help me ease my mind! I have a long way to go. Any advice or experience would be great. Thanks:blush:

Annie0904
20-05-13, 15:34
I can relate to this as I fractured 2 metatarsals in my foot last year and was in a cast for 3 months. If you are still moving your leg about I am sure you will be fine. DVT from this would be very rare. I was in so much pain I hardly moved for a couple of months and I was fine. I hope your ankle heals quickly x

Worriedlady85
20-05-13, 15:47
Thank you so much. This health anxiety is horrible! Thank you.

Annie0904
20-05-13, 16:02
I know I really panicked about my foot and it made my anxiety so much worse.