PDA

View Full Version : really worrying...took folic acid and scared of allergic reaction

lollypopgirl1981
20-05-13, 17:24
hi, im in abit of a panic latey since i was told 2 weeks ago i am b12 def and also need b9 (folic acid as that is really low) so have been given folic acid 5mg and had to have 5 injections of b12 in the last 2 weeks....so i took the 1st folic acid tablet at 3.50pm and its now 5.20pm and keep thinking my tongues going to swell or throat or something bad is going to happen...felt really dizzy since doc told me that my b12 and b9 was low....anyone else think like this after taking meds / vitamins..really worried.... thanks x

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

im so angry with myself for getting in a mess about it....x

Annie0904
20-05-13, 17:27
I think side effects from folic acid would be very rare as it is something your body is already used to. I am sure you will be fine. :)

Edie
20-05-13, 21:41
Although you're deficient, you would have been getting SOME folic acid all this time. You're not allergic to it, you'll be fine :)

Tessar
20-05-13, 21:52
Hey Jo, don't be too hard on yourself for worrying. The best way to look back on it is that "the worst didn't happen" so perhaps if you find yourself worrying about something similar, remind yourself of the good outcome this time & it might then ease your fears in the future. What do you think?

lollypopgirl1981
20-05-13, 23:04
thank you all for your comments ive been counting the minutes since i took it and so far nothing but i still cant help thinking its not in my system yet so might :) i know wat you mean tessar ive told myself that a few times...thank u again all. x

Lilharry
20-05-13, 23:47
Folic acid is in a lot of things that you currently eat. It's highly unlikely that you're allergic to it.

Anxious_gal
21-05-13, 00:30
Think of it this way the b vitamins, iron and folic acid are added to most cerals and you've n been ok with those : ) also I don't think it's possiable to be allergic to them x
If it helps keep some alergy meds like antihistamines in the house :)
Well done for taking them even though you're anxious :)